Chapter 6

Alec's POV

I lied in my bed starring at my phone wanting to send Magnus a text. After what he had said today all I could think of was that I had another chance. I had a chance to be with him again because he still loved me. Maybe it was only a tiny little sliver of a possibility, but it was better than nothing at all. I finally got up the courage to send him a text.

Hey. 

I waited for a reply, but none came. I sighed and flung my phone down on the bed and watched as it bounced slightly on the matress.

A knock came on the door.

"Come in."

It was Abbey, she was dressed in pajamas that were a light blue and made of cotton. Her hair was tangled and her eyes had an odd look to them.

"What is it?" I asked.

She sat down on my bed next to me and I moved and got into a sitting position to properly see her. "I just want to know what really happened today."

"I'm sorry, but I really can't tell you."

"Why not?" She asked curiously while tilting her head to the side a little. It was cute the way she did that.

When I didn't answer she sighed and said, "Well, I guess it's none of my buisness then is it?"

I looked down. I could't tell her what had really happened, it was against the shadowhunter laws to tell mundanes anything that has to do with the shadow world.

"Alec?"

"Yes."

"Have you ever fallen in love with someone you hadn't expected to fall in love with?"

"I'm not sure. Why?"

"Well, nevermind. It's just..."

"Just what?" I asked. I wanted to know what brought this odd question on. 

Abbey looked at me for a moment. She almost looked scared or frightened. Then I found out why. She kissed me. The kiss was light and soft, but filled with passion. I did not kiss her back and instead pulled away. I thought she knew I loved Magnus.

"I'm sorry." She muttered. "I don't know what has gotten into me."

"It's alright." I said while lifting her chin up so that we could look each other in the eye. "Love is a funny thing...sometimes we don't do what we normally would when we are in love. We might not think rationally."

She blushed and turned away. "So you still love him?"

"Yes."

"Do you think you will even get him back."

"I hope so."

"There was a letter placed under the door today for you. It was from him...your Magnus."

"My Magnus? He isn't mine anymore."

"Well..." She handed me the letter and I noticed that the envelope had already been torn. I looked up at her in surprise. "I'm sorry I already opened it...and read it." She said. "I thought that maybe I could hide it from you and that maybe I could get you to change. To fall in love with me, but then I realized how much you love him."

I took the letter out of the envelope and began to read the handwriting I had come to memorize.