Chapter 3

Abbey's POV

The alarm clock beeping woke me in an instant. I sat up in my bed and quickly got dressed. I had plans today and they weren't ordinary plans either.

Alec had been living with us for about two weeks and during the days and some nights he would go off and not come bcak for hours. I thought this very strange as he would leave at different times each day and get back at different hours. No job could require that, could it? So where and what was he really doing?

Once I got up I waited to hear the click of the front door when he left and then I was following him. I followed him down the several flights of stairs and out into the cool, fresh morning air. Oddly as I was following him, a few yards behind, I noticed he was dressed in all black. He looked like he was one of those motorcycle dudes, which I thought was odd since he almost always wore his faded and torn sweaters and jeans. I thought for a moment he might be going to a club, but it was to early for the clubs to open anyway. So what was he up to?

I kept following him through strange alleys and odd streets that I had never been on before. He soon joined up with other people, all wearing black. Maybe he was in a motorcycle gang? There was a boy about the same age as Alec, maybe a little younger with blond hair and two girls. One had beautiful, bright red hair and the other extremely dark brown hair. They abruptly stopped and so did I.

"Alec!" The dark brown haired girl exclaimed, obviously overly excited to see him. "Can't you come back to the instituite with us? Please, for your sister, Isabelle?"

"We miss you." The red headed girl said to him.

"You know I can lure you back with my extremely hot looks and sexy moves, although I would rather you just come back on your own." Said the blond haired boy.

"I just need some time." Alec said. "To myself."

"You've been out for three weeks! Isn't that enough time!" Shouted his sister, Isabelle.

"Don't we have a demon to kill?" Alec said. Wait what was he talking about? A demon? I was overly confused. Was he trying to be funny?

Isabelle sighed and then started walking ahead and so did the rest of the group with Alec walking near the blond haired boy. I followed them into a large building and up several flights of stairs. The red haired girl took out what looked like a cell phone and said, "There has been demonic activities here lately. We should go in."

They went inside an apartment and shut the door leaving me outside. I waited for a while but then heard the oddest, most high pitched, scary screaming I had ever heard in my entire life. I heard loud bangs and shouts. My heart pumped a little faster, ok maybe alot faster. What the hell was going on in there?

I opened the door to the apartment which hadn't been locked and strode inside. But what I saw was uterly terrifying.