Prologue

A/N: This story is dedicated to everyone who is there on my way to happiness, whenever I'm going to reach there. Enjoy! x

xxx

Should you be afraid of hurting people? Was it right to put people above yourself? I couldn't think of the right answer. I was never really alone, nor lonely. I had people who cared for me, and who assured me that they would always be there for me.

But have you ever faced a moment where the people who said they would always be there, left you anyway?

Well...I have.

It was painful to watch all the people I cared about walk away from my life, because of one silly mistake I did.

My dearest mother died from a heart attack when I was four because I went missing for three days. A kind lady found me wondering in the streets and brought me home.

My brother moved to Los Angeles because I was annoying him too much when he was with me.

My friends heard rumours about me having an affair with Daniel, Georgie's boyfriend. They felt disgusted with me and found reasons why I was neglecting them. They avoided me since then. It was never true.

How could I stop hurting the people I cared about? I gave it a thought and the only way I could do that was to isolate myself from everybody. If i didn't mean anything to anybody, it wouldn't hurt them, right?

Hence, I could avoid watching the people I cared about walk away. That way too, I could avoid making mistakes. The less people I cared about, the less hurt I would get.

Seems easy.

It wasn't.

I missed everyone. I missed my company. But I had to do this. I had to do this for the sake of everyone. All of them meant something to me. I cared for them, so much... I couldn't watch them hurt because of me. After a few weeks, it was successful. Everyone avoided me, maybe hate me even.

But...

"Myra!" and then here comes that one person who wouldn't leave no matter how much you wanted them to.

xxx