Chapter 8 - Part 2: BET Awards

I looked at myself in the mirror that was mounted on the bathroom wall. My costume for my performance was black, white and red stripped leggings, white skirt to go over them, a leather red half shirt that showed my stomach and red tied up boots. My hair was down and curly. Trust me, it's cuter than it sounds. I twirled around, admiring how flowy the skirt was. I can't wait to hop on that stage and show it off.

"Come on Zonnique. You're running on a tight schedule." I heard Claire call from inside my dressing room.

I rolled my eyes at how stressed she was at all times. I love her but she needs to relax. I pushed open the heavy bathroom door and made my way out, my boots making click clack sounds as I walked.

"Sexy." I heard someone whistled once I came into view. I saw the boys come in view.

"Where's Bahja?"

"Bathroom" Chres said.

"We picked the perfect outfit for your performance." Claire grinned, taking in my appearance.

Ray, who had his back facing me, finally turned around. When he saw me his eyes widened but he didn't say a word.

"Come on." Claire pulled me towards the mirror. "Let's go over the dance moves real quick. Anne, go over the vocal warm ups in the mean time." Claire began watching me practice. Telling me what i need to work on while I'm on

"Let's start with mums." Anne stated, going over some warming up exercises. I noticed Ray doing them with me and slightly smiled. He must be used to this kind of stuff.

After about 20 minutes of warming up and working on my moves, it as time for me to get set for my performance.

"You're gonna do great. Just remember what I said." Claire gave me a pep talk as we walked down the hall.

I nodded, fixing my earpiece that attached to the little microphone that was placed in front of my lips.

"Are you nervous?" Bahja asked coming out of nowhere.

I shrugged. "Nervous and excited."

"You'll do great." She hugged me when I stood right backstage. Only about 5 minutes till I go on.

"We're gonna go back to our seats to watch the performance." Claire smiled.

I simply nodded, the nervous butterflies settling and preventing me from talking. Everybody turned and walked away, making their way back to their seats. Ray stayed behind. His hands were in his pockets as he awkwardly stood in front of me.

"Just wanted to wish you luck." He paused, looking down at his shoes before looking back up at me. "I've seen you practice. You're gonna do amazing."

"Thanks." I managed to respond with a soft smile. I leaned in to give him a genuine hug, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed gently. For the first time since I met him he was being nice... I could definitely be friends with the nice Ray. Too bad he only shows up on rare occasions. I pulled away and smiled up at him, noticing a photographer standing nearby, snapping pictures of our little moment. So, I did the unthinkable.

"Quick good luck kiss?" I questioned, biting my lip.

Ray smiled and leaned down, leaving a sweet kiss on my lips. "I'll see you in a bit." He stated. I nodded and watched him walk off. Show time.

-------------

~Ray's POV~

I got back to my seat and sat down. Bahja currently sat in the Nique's seat so we could watch the performance together.