Chapter 5: I Guess It's Official

"I think it's time." Kenneth announced.

Claire and mom along with Ray's crew sat in a meeting. I don't know why we're in this stupid office. It screams boring and I'm losing intrest by the minute.

"Zonnique and Ray have been spotted hanging out for over a week now and I think it's time to make it official." He announced. "Let's not forget all the flirting over Twitter." He gave me and and Ray,teasing smiles. "Yep, I saw that too.

"We thought it would be a great opportunity this weekend, at the BET Awards. You can go as a couple and make things official." Claire said.

I glanced over at Ray who merely nodded, looking bored. You'd think after a week of hanging out we might actually become friends... You thought wrong. In fact, I think things got worse. We were almost getting along until that day I went to his house and the rest of the guys were there. Something clicked and made him turn into Lord Douche Bag 24/7 after that day. As if he wasn't already bad enough.

Claire continued talking. "I thought it was perfect since Ray's nominated for Best Male Artist and Zonnique's nominated for Best New Artist and Zonnique will also be performing during the show. The media is gonna love this." The others nodded in agreement and I just tapped my fingers on top of my iphone screen. This meeting is dumb. Claire and Kenneth went on and on but in all honesty, I had stopped listening. My phone buzzed and I had a new text from Bahja.

From: Bahja

You're not gonna be happy about this but Zoey got a girlfriend...

I stared at the text for at least 10 minutes. To say this hurt was an understatement, especially because of what happened just 2 days earlier.

*2 days earlier*

I had just got a text message from Zoey asking if I could hang out. Luckily, I was free so I invited him over.

"Hey." Zoey smiled as I let him in. He walked in looking so cute in that fishers hat.

"Hey." I smiled, getting the warm giddy feeling I always got when I saw him. He sat on the couch and patted the seat beside him. I did as told and sat beside him. He stared at me with a small smile on his lips. "What's new?" He asked. I shrugged.

Sure, there were lot of things new in my life but I was trying to avoid saying anything that would make me sound like a diva. "Anything new with you?" I asked.

He merely shrugged. "Same old boring stuff."

He paused to stare at me almost making me feel nervous. I always wanted to be perfect for Zoey. I wanted him to like me as much as I liked him. "I miss you though."

"You don't have to miss me." I replied turning to look at him directly. "I'm just a phone call away."

"It's not that simple." He licked his lips.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because Nique..." He searched for how he was gonna word this. "Things aren't the same. No matter how much I wish they were." I looked away but I could still feel his gaze burning through the side of my face. "You're different, even if you don't see it. You're not just my dorky Nique Nique anymore..." He paused. "You're the Zonnique Pullins. You live here." He motioned at my slightly large house. "You have the #1 album worldwide. You hang out with people like Rayan Lopez!"

I blinked, a little taken back when he brought up Ray but I quickly regained myself. "Okay so? That doesn't change who I am. I'm still me."

Zoey shook his head. "I know. It's just hard for me to understand. Okay?" He admitted. "It not easy seeing the girl you like move on to bigger and better things without you."