Chapter 7: Good Kisser

His soft plump lips brushed against mine. Instead of pulling away after a second like I knew we should have... we didn't. Our lips stayed firmly pressed together. Ray's right hand found it's way to the side of my face while his left hand rested on my hip. I sat up, moving closer to him, my arms wrapping around his neck. Our upper half's pressed against each other. I don't know what I was thinking when I opened up my mouth practically begging to deepen the kiss. Ray tilted his head slightly, getting more comfortable and exploring every inch of my mouth with his tongue. I felt light headed. He was such a good kisser! A small sound came from the back of my throat causing Ray to go over the edge. He lifted me onto his lap so I was straddling him, not breaking the kiss. I ran my hands freely through his hair, getting a little too into it. He knew exactly what he was doing and I couldn't help but like it. Scratch that, I loved it. But I would never admit that out loud. His strong arms were wrapped around my waist and the kiss was getting hotter and hotter by the second. I desperately needed to pull away for some air but I didn't dare break away from the kiss. We were both enjoying it way too much. I pushed my body closer against his gaining a groan of approval from Ray. All of a sudden my bedroom door swung open, causing Ray and I to pull apart as fast as possible. I stood up from his lap as if it were on fire and fixed my shirt. Obviously, we hadn't pulled away fast enough. Bahja stood in the doorway looking shocked but then a smirk grew on her face. Daniel stood next to her wide eyed.

"Well..." Bahja breathed out, trying to hold in a laugh. Ray stood up and cleared his throat, making a run for it.

"Aw, no goodbye kiss?" Bahja teased as Ray brushed past her, exiting the room.

My breathing was uneven as I tried to process what just happened. How did we get so caught up in that kiss?

"That was awkward." Daniel commented.

He didn't know anything about the publicity stunt. For him, all that happened was accidentally walking in on a couple making out. It was much different for Ray. I felt myself blush as she continued to smirk at me.

"Hot make out session huh? Didn't mean to interrupt." I let out an awkward cough, praying to get out of this awkward situation and awkward dinner that was soon to follow. God obviously loves me and answered my prayers. My phone began ringing and I quickly fished it out of my pocket.

"Hello." I answered, trying to sound casual.

"Hey sweetie." My dad's voice sounded from the other end of the phone.

"What's up dad?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just checking on my baby girl to see how you were doing." I could hear faint music in the background.

"You at soundcheck?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"TI GET UP HERE!" I heard.

"Aye, Nique Nique I gotta go. I'll try to call you. Love you."

I sighed. "Love you too pops"

-------------------

~Ray's POV~

"You made out with her?!" Chres exclaimed.

I let out a small groan. "Yeah."

"Holy shit dude." Jacob chuckled. "I did not see that coming."

I ran a hand through my hair, it wasn't in braids right now. "It wasn't supposed to happen." It wasn't.

I just wanted us to kiss once, out of the spotlight, so when we did kiss in front of paparazzi it wouldn't be awkward. Actors practice kissing all the time. So how did we end up in a super hot make out session? It's all Nique's fault for being so damn sexy and an extremely good kisser. I would have been able to stop myself if it was anyone but her.

"But it did happen. So, now what?" Craig asked, spinning one of my snapbacks on his middle finger while laying on my bed.

"I'm just gonna pretend it didn't happen." I shrugged. "It doesn't change anything."

"I would take advantage of this." Chres stated matter of factly. "You can make out with her whenever you want!"

"I don't want to do anything with her." I lied because my hormones were telling me differently.

Zonnique is one of the most attractive girls I've ever met. Of course I want to endlessly make out with her but I know I can't. "When this is all over, I want to pretend I never even knew her."

"Why?" Craig asked, clearly confused. I didn't answer.

They just didn't understand where I was coming from. The situation I was put in... it's not easy. I don't want to take the chance of getting to know Zonnique and accidentally falling for her.. I don't want any type of relationship to come out of this publicity stunt. I wasn't ready for it... and I didn't want to experience heart ache if it ended badly, and it would. There's no such thing as a perfect couple. Especially at our age and with our lifestyle.

"Eventually, you're gonna meet a girl who you can't help but make your girlfriend." Jacob stated in a serious tone.

"Bruh, I think he already met her." Chres replied. "Her name is Zonnique Pullins."

We all got silent for a few second then I decided to break it.

"Y'all still wanna go to the awards with me right?" Everybody started smiling.

----------------------

~Nique's POV~

"Nique Nique you look absolutely stunning." My mom stated in awe, Her hand cupped Her mouth as she took in my complete appearance.

I wore my beautiful gold gown along with some gold strapped high heels. My hair was in a fancy updo and my make up was pretty damn flawless. I felt like a princess.

Bahja pouted. "I'm so jealous." I pouted back at her.

"Sorry you can't sit right next to me."

"No worries." She smiled. "I'll be sitting a row behind you and you'd probably be too busy with Ray anyways." I blushed heavily. "At least I get to walk down the red carpet with you."

I can't believe I still get embarrassed at the mention of his name. It's been 2 days since our incident and I haven't seen nor spoken to him. It's gonna be incredibly awkward seeing him in just a matter of minutes. Is he gonna try to talk about it or is he gonna pretend like it never happened? I hope he chooses the second option.

"Well let me go get dress real quick, then we can go"

-----------

"Come on honey. You're carpet time is at 4:30. We don't want you to be late. Specially since I have to go soon to meet your dad." My mom pulled me out of my dressing room.

Since I had spent a lot of time practicing here the producers gave me my own dressing room so I could get ready here. It made things so much easier and now it was only a 2 minute walk to get to the carpet.

"Ray's already here." My mom looked back as we kept a steady pace down the hall. I had forgot that I had to walk the carpet with him... Nervous butterflies erupted in my stomach. Here goes nothing...

--------------

BET AWARDS COMING UP NEXT!!

I'VE BEEN KEEPING TRACK OF PEOPLE WHO'S BEEN VOTING, COMMENTING AND ADDING THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY SO A CHAPTER WOULD BE DEDICATED TO YOU!!

GLAD EVERYBODY'S LIKING THIS BOOK!