Chapter 13: Promises

I had already spent 5 hours at this stupid photo shoot... and that was 5 hours too many if you ask me.

"Zonnique, please." Claire pleaded for me to stop acting like such a child. It was hard for me to stay pleasant though. I still had at least 8 more hours at this stupid photo shoot and I was ready for a break... Preferably one that included food.

"No, she's right." Joey, my photographer, spoke up. "Let's take our lunch break."

"Thank you!" I exhaled loudly and rushed over to my bag.

If it was up to Claire I'd still be posing like an idiot. I love photoshoots but this was too much. Don't get me wrong, she loves me, but sometimes she doesn't understand that I need frequent breaks. I'm just 17 years old for Christ sake... I pulled my phone out of my bag. Ray had promised to bring me lunch and I was holding him to that. I checked my phone for any messages from him, saying he was on his way, but there were none. When I had no messages, I frowned. He owes me.

"One Burger, a side of French fries, and a vanilla shake for the beautiful Zonnique Pullins." I heard Ray's voice. My head snapped to the direction I had heard it from. Ray casually strolled in holding an In-N-Out bag. My stomach made an unpleasant growling sound. I stood up and made my way towards him.

"I thought you weren't gonna come." I smiled and gave him a quick hug before snatching the food out of his hand.

"I promised." He replied, swiftly kissing my cheek, keeping up the act for all the people here that didn't know about the stunt.

"Thank you." I grinned, pulling out my food and sitting at a nearby table."I'm starving."

Ray sat across from me and watched as I took a huge bite out of my Burger. "You know, I think my favorite thing about you is the way you eat." He chuckled. I gave him a strange look as I chewed a mouthful of French fries. "You're just so lady like." He joked and I rolled my eyes. "Sorry, I love to eat." I smiled while drinking my milkshake.

Claire made her way over to us. "Hello Ray."

"Hey." He looked up at her, flashing her a charming smile.

"Zonnique, you need to finish your lunch quickly." Her attention was on her blackberry. I rolled my eyes, she needs a new phone and quick. Who uses those anymore? Claire had a way of getting on my nerves. I don't think she realizes how stressful it is to be in my position. When she gets stressed out she takes it out on me, but who can I take it out on? No one.

~Ray's POV~

I watched as Nique was thoroughly annoyed. I felt slightly bad for her. She was under a lot of stress lately and Claire definitely wasn't making it easier for her. Kenneth got like this at times but my mom always puts him in his place. I focused back on my phone. I was currently looking up a few things, trying to make sure everything was perfect for tonight. I promised Nique a paparazzi free night and I admit, it was a little harder than I thought. So far things were working out in my favor.

"Ray?" Nique's voice snapped me out of my focus mode.

"Yeah?" I looked up, only to notice that she had moved. Nique was now seated in a high chair in front of a mirror with multiple light bulbs framing the top. Her hair and make up stylist was getting her ready for the next part of her shoot. Damn, it must suck being a girl. Usually at my photo shoots I have a few different outfits and that's it. Nique had to sit through multiple make up and hair style changes. That must suck. I can barely sit still for five minutes.

"How long are you staying?" She asked as her stylist, Courtney, wrapped a strand of hair around a large curling iron.

"I gotta go like..." I paused, checking the time. "Right now." She frowned, obviously wishing I could stay longer. I don't blame her. I always pray for company at my all day shoots. Sadly, I had stuff I had to take care of for tonight. "Sorry." I apologized, knowing she was disappointed.