Fallout 3 (PS3, PC, Xbox 360)

Ever wondered what the world would be like after a nuclear war? Just imagine, America, gone in a flash. all that is left is rubble and radiation. That is exactly where Fallout 3 takes you. As the imminent threat of nuclear war became a reality, massive underground cities named vaults were built and your ancestors were some of the lucky ones to enter the safety of these underground civilisations, you were born and raised there and knew nothing of any outside world. Until that fateful day when you hear that your father has gone, vanished into the new phenomenon of an outside. Chased out by the inhabitants of the vault you are left alone in "The Capital Wasteland"...the remains of Washington D.C.

Fallout 3 is an open world western RPG, your free to explore the capital wasteland, loot deserted and populated houses and grab some guns to shoot some shit up. Of course you have quests to do to level up and unravel the story of this magnificent game. The original 2 Fallout games were on PC making this a first for dev's Bethesda brining the series to consoles and making the jump from birds eye view to first/third person. The game focuses on levelling up and giving your character skills such as lockpick and hacking. But it also makes the game fun by bringing in lots of enemies and lots of guns, guns need to be in constant repair to be working and have ammunition to be able to fire bullets, all of which is scattered around the wasteland. The map is massive, it took me near enough 45 minutes to walk from one side to the other (required for a quest later in the game) and near enough the same from top to bottom, each centimetre of this digital landscape is packed with intrigue, there is treasure everywhere such as bullets, health kits and armour, not to mention the constant threat of enemies.

the game will last around 10 hours for the main quest alone but the side quests and collectibles will make the game last 100+ hours.

The graphics look ok at best, its very grainy and has lost of frame rate problems, not to mention getting stuck in scenery quite often, however I did expect that from a game this big. The texture look grainy and last gen not to mention the lack of any colour but brown and grey. The game can look and feel very bland at times but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

The game has built in radio stations that repeat the same song every 15 minutes but its a nice touch to make the world feel more like a world and less of just a place that you have to be in.

Fallout 3 is far from perfect but its definitely one of the best RPG's you’ll find around today and more than worthy of your hard earned cash.

Fallout 3 – 10/10

+The Best Game of 2008