Crysis 3 (PS3, PC, Xbox 360)

The original Crysis game has always been, and still is a trial by fire for gamers to see how powerful their processors are and how good their computers really are. However when Crysis 2 came along the series famous for causing PC's all over the world to turn into smouldering pieces of melted metal & plastic the graphics didn’t quite cut it...and neither did the gameplay, or the story, or anything really. So now 3 years later Crysis 3 has landed on our laps, the question on everybody's lips is will there be another PC massacre and is it as fun to play as the original?

24 years have passed since the events of Crysis 2 and a lot has happened since then. *CRYSIS 2 SPOILERS* So Alcatraz sort of died at the end of the last game and in doing so the spirit of Prophet, who committed suicide at the beginning of Crysis 2, possessed Alcatraz's dead body and regained control of the Nanosuit. He was then captured by the C.E.L.L corporation and New York was quarantined under a giant Nanodome named the 'Liberty Dome' allowing nature to take its course and trapping the remaining Ceph forces giving C.E.L.L a good shot at gaining world domination. *SPOILERS OVER*

When Prophet is busted out of C.E.L.L captivity by his old buddy Jason Statham, sorry Michael 'Psycho' Sykes and told that he needs to enter the Nanodome to take down the remaining Ceph and C.E.L.L to finally end the battle that has been going for nearly 30 years, we are finally booted back into the shoes of the superpowered, super awesome Nanosuit and let lose on the streets of New York.

Crysis 3's story is definitely a lot better than whatever the hell was going on in 2 but it doesn’t have the magic that Crysis 1 had. From the off you know what you are going to be doing in the game and why you are doing it which I suppose gives the game direction but it makes it feel like every mission leading up to the last few is just padding and unnecessary.

Prophet speaks a lot in the game too which makes a nice change from the silent Alcatraz in 2, the dialogue is often quite well written too but that doesn’t mean it carries emotion or gravity well, after all 90% of the overall cast of this game are gravelly voiced men.

The supporting cast of Psycho & Claire are well acted and carry an emotional and at times more interesting story of their own to do with how Psycho lost his Nanosuit and how Claire is helping Prophet to try to correct the many bad things she has done in her life for means of scientific advancement.

Without spoiling it too much the end of Crysis 3 is very underwhelming. You are given a gigantic boss battle that is made near impossible to lose on due to the fact that you are invulnerable to every attack that the foe can throw at you besides one which is easily avoided. The two final cutscenes both hint at possible future Crysis games however there is really no need for another one set after the events of 3, it would just be a complete cash in rather than a necessary sequel. However though the final battle is stupidly easy and the ending is a little cliché it does tie up the plot rather nicely leaving only a few questions unanswered, mainly to do with Psycho though.

Gameplay in Crysis 3 is near enough the same as Crysis 2, however a few changes have been made. Instead of using that sparkly stuff the Ceph dropped when they died to upgrade your suit you now use upgrade modules which are hidden around the environments, these can be collected up to purchase abilities such as faster reload, more health, longer stealth etc with four categories to choose from and around 5 or 6 abilities in each category. However only 1 from each category can be active at any one time meaning you must tactically decide what things will benefit most in the current situation. These modules also upgrade themselves if you use them a lot, in my case I buffed my health, reload speed, hacking assist and sprint speed and I never needed to swap them out because I was just so lightening quick and had so much health. So it is a feature that can be as essential as you need it to be depending on your preferred play method.