Truh

Brendon's POV
    I go inside the house after the phone call with Sarah.  I'm glad that she's listening to how she feels and not her parents.  But at the same time,  I don't want to be the cause of something. 
     My parents look at me,  waiting for me to tell them what happened. I wish I could tell them that I they liked me for who I was,  but that'd be a lie. 
     "What happened?" My mom asks.  I sigh and sit down at the kitchen table across from them.
     "Well, I really wish that I would have taken those meds so that I wasn't myself," I say.  My parents look at each other.  Never have a said that I wished I had taken them.  I hate those damn things. 
     "Why, Bren?" My dad asks. 
     "They didn't like me. I thought everything was going great. I answered their questions honestly. I acted as calmly as I could. But when I left they told Sarah what they though of me," I tell them. 
     "What'd they tell her?" My mom says.  I'm so fucking tired of questions. 
     "Sarah called me when I first got here so I waited til we we're done talking. Her parents told her that she didn't need someone like me in her life and to never see me again," I tell them.  My mom and dad are in shock. 
     "What did Sarah tell you how she felt about that?" My mom asks. More damn questions. I just want to sleep.
       "She said that she wouldn't do it. She wants to be with me and I want to be with her. I've never felt this was about anyone I've ever been with. I'm changing in the best ways because of her. I actually said that I loved her tonight. She said it back,"   I say.  My parents smile and my mom pats my hand.
       I know that this won't be easy for Sarah;  keeping this from her parents.  Tomorrow when my family goes over their for their beginning of summer barbeque thing, it'll be hard to keep it a secret.  I know we'll have to be distant and that's gonna hurt. One thing I know for damn sure is that my destiny lies with her.