Family Reunion

Stacy:

I sit at my desk going through the plans for my classes tomorrow when I hear a knock at my door “Come in.” I didn’t bother looking up as I was concentrating on the spells for the next couple days “Professor Malfoy actually has a nice ring to it doesn’t it?”

My head snaps up at the voice to see Draco standing at my door with Scorpius “Mama!” Minerva steps in behind Draco “I hope you don’t mind Stacy, but I let them in to see you. I will be back with Professor Cross.” and then she left.

I bent down to pick up Scorpius and kiss Draco on the cheek “You didn’t tell me that Cross was teaching here with you.”

“I had forgotten about it until I came and Minerva told me that he was the Potions Professor. I am glad you came here so quickly there is something I need to talk to you about. I also asked Harry to come tonight so he should be here and I will inform the both of you.”

I know that I had to tell Draco about Angelis, but what I found out today comes first because it might concern the whole wizarding world. “Mommy how is teaching?”

I look at Scorpius’ smiling face and kiss his forehead “It is going well Scorpius. Are you having fun at home with daddy?”

He nods his head enthusiastically and Draco laughs “I told you we would be fine.”

Alexander walks in at that moment with Minerva and Harry right behind him, I put Scorpius on the ground and walk up to Harry giving him a hug “It’s nice to see you again Harry. I’m sorry I sent for you so urgently, but there is something that I am worried about.”

I walk back to Draco and everyone else stands around us in a circle “Well I called everyone here because there is a student here at Hogwarts that I am worried about, Kristoff Lestrange.”

Draco tenses next to me and I can see the shock in Harry’s face “That’s impossible there should be no Lestranges left, they all died in the war here eleven years ago. I would know if any were still alive seeing as I am related to them.” Draco says.

“That’s not the least of our worries; he laughs just like her as though he has been raised and influenced by Bellatrix. He mentioned in my class that there is no defense against the dark arts; he kept saying that the dark arts are too powerful for anyone to destroy. And when I mentioned Voldemort dying I saw a look of anger, almost revenge in his eyes.”

Minerva clears her throat and steps closer to me “Stacy I think you are thinking too much into this and allowing your hatred to Mrs. Lestrange to corrupt your mind. I don’t believe that Kristoff Lestrange is any threat to this school or the wizarding world.”

“I’m sorry to go against you professor, but we can’t under estimate the Lestranges. They had always followed Voldemort faithfully even through his downfall and it is a bit strange that we had not known of a Lestrange alive since the war. I think Stacy is right and we should at least keep an eye on him, I mean my godson comes here and if Stacy is right about this boy not caring for defense against the dark arts I want to be cautious.”

Alexander looks me in the eye and nods his head “Uh Professor Malfoy, perhaps you and I should inform the other professors and just watch Mr. Lestrange closely for any signs of suspicious activity. That is all we can do for now, but as I see it there is someone else that needs to be watched very closely as well as even protected if necessary.”

Harry and Draco both look at me at the same time with an expression of curiosity on their faces “Who are you talking about?” they both ask at the same time.

I start to fidget and cannot control the sweat from my hands “I must head back to my office, goodnight to you all and Professor Cross perhaps you should bring her here along with Mr. Lupin. I am sure Harry would not mind seeing his godson.”