Prologue

He watched as the little girl in his arms looked so peaceful, he could already tell that she would be just as beautiful as her mother. He apparated with the child in his arms back to his home, his mother stepped into the room just as he arrived.

 “What are you doing home?!”

He handed the bundle to his mother as she looked down in shock “I need you to take care of her until I come back. Please mother this is important.”

His mother nodded her head while he took a step back “You will explain this when you return right?”

He smiled and nodded disappearing on the spot.

His mother looked down at the baby in his arms and gasped the baby opened her eyes “Oh my, your eyes are so beautiful.”

11 years later:

The man looks on as the child he remembered as a baby is now older and packing her trunk “Uncle are you just going to stand there or are you going to help me.” the girl whines as she tries closing her trunk.

He chuckles and walks over waving his wand making the trunk shut close without a struggle.

“Hey you don’t have to use magic for everything.” she cries.

He laughs and looks down at the little girl who reminds him of the past and a very special friend. “Do you have everything packed that you need? The train leaves at eleven so you better make sure you get there on time.”

The girl looks over at her uncle “Uncle please promise you won’t embarrass me at school.”

He couldn’t help but smile at her worried face “I promise, but I will be very strict and harder on you than any other student.” his attempt at a scowl fails.

She laughs “I’m okay with that because you know I love the challenge.”

He stands up and kisses her forehead “Goodnight and don’t stay up too late.”

“Goodnight” she calls as he walks out.

He waits by the door knowing the girl stares at a photo album before she goes to bed every night. He peeks back into her room and sighs, she sits at the edge of her bed flipping through a photo album and silently crying.

His heart sunk, he knew all too well what was in that photo album in front of her. The girl in front of him had her mother’s looks, but never got the chance to meet her.

He leaves to his room and grabs his trunk near his bed. He apparatus to the gates of Hogwarts where the headmistress awaits his arrival “Is there good news headmistress?”

Professor McGonagall gives him a stern look “Yes professor she has accepted my request. I am only worried about the reaction it will have on her.”

He walks into the gates up to the castle alongside the headmistress “I know it will be a bit of a shock, but this has waited long enough. They need to know about each other, it’s been 11 years.”