New Found...Friend?

Stacy:

I clear my head and sit down at the table; Minerva stands up and makes her speech about the beginning of the year “I am happy to begin another wonderful year at Hogwarts. I would like to introduce you all to your new professors, Alexander Cross will be your new Potions professor and Stacy Malfoy will be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.”

Conversations started all around the great hall and I know that most of the wizarding world knew about me and my relationship with my father. I look toward Angelis and could see a group of Slytherins surrounding her, she looks shy and I notice that she seems kind of disappointed. Minerva raises her hand to quiet down the students “All first years will follow their respected house prefects to their dormitories. Good evening everyone.”

All the students stand up and walk out of the great hall, just then I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Minerva “I know you may be in shock still, but I do recommend that you speak to her tonight. It was not Alexander’s responsibility to inform her about everything.”

I smile at her “I understand completely Minerva; I do have a three year old son at home.”

That is when I remembered about Draco, how was I going to tell him about this? “Just ask him to visit, I am sure it will be easier to inform him here that through owl.” I smile and nod at Minerva.

I stood up and made my way out of the great hall “Can I walk you to your quarters Professor Malfoy?” I jump at the voice. I notice Alexander standing by the wall outside the great hall and I glare at him “Professor Cross would you like to be cursed to oblivion?” He just smirks “So how about that walk professor?” I start walking towards the stairs and he follows after me. 

“So when are you going to speak to her?” I shake my head “I don’t know. I know it needs to be soon though, but what if-”

“Everything will be fine, she has wanted to know why she was left with me, but I told her that you would be the one to tell her that.”

I nod and notice we were already at the third floor “Can you send her to see me tonight?”

Alexander nods his head and turns to leave, but stops “Stacy, she needs you. She is everything he said she would be and I am afraid that if she doesn’t have you and know what you went through things will take a turn for the worst. Just listen to each other and watch her carefully.” Before I can ask what he means, he turns the corner and is gone.

I walk into my quarters and sit at my desk; I take out a parchment and quill so I can write to Draco and inform him of what is going on. Just as I start to write there is a knock on my door “Come in.” my voice is already shaking. My door opens and Angelis steps inside my quarters “Professor Cross said you wanted to see me.” Angelis’ voice is steady and calm.

I look at her and I can feel the tears start to hit my eyes, but I stop them “Hi, I’m Stacy Malfoy. Angelis, do you know who I am?”

She nods “Yeah you are married to Draco Malfoy, but your maiden name is Stacy Riddle because your father was Voldemort.” I flinch at his name, not from fear but from the remembrance of him being my father. “And you are my mother.”

My head snaps up to look at her “Yes Angelis, I’m your mother. Come sit down with me.” I motion her to my bed and sit beside her, we face each other and I can see that she is itching to ask questions.

 “So would you like to-”

“Why? Why did you give me away?” her voice starts to quiver.

“I never wanted to give you away. When I was pregnant with you, your father and I were so happy. We couldn’t wait to have you in our lives; even before you were born we fell in love with you. But my fa- Voldemort figured you would be much more powerful than I was and wanted to keep you as his own protégé. At first I thought I could runaway after I had you, but then he threatened your father’s life and I knew we couldn’t get away from him. So I asked Professor Cross who was a good friend to take you in after you were born but say that you were still born so Voldemort couldn’t take you from me. He wanted to take you right after you were born and I couldn’t bear to see you used like I was.”