Chapter 17

Jackson sat next to his daughter on the couch as she laughed loudly at her favorite cartoon character on the T.V screen.

Their trip to Ohio was early the next day, and they had been given the day off to get things together. April had left to do some last minute shopping for things they needed, so Jackson was left home with Lydia.

Jackson looked down at her as she giggled and smiled. He remembered his early dad days a few years ago, when he dreaded looking after her when April wasn't around. She was such a hyper talkative little girl (still is), and he had trouble figuring out what to do with her. He would eventually let her do whatever she wanted. Now he had more practice and knew that reading and watching cartoons or just letting her play by herself was a very good way to keep her occupied.

He was pulled out of his memory by a knock on the door. He pushed himself off the couch, leaving a laughing Lydia and headed to the door.

"Here" said Alex as soon as the door was opened, he handed his daughter over to Jackson

"Dude" Jackson protested

"Remember that time when you said you would babysit?" he asked handing the baby bag over

"When did I ever say that?"

"We were talking about you knocking up Kepner and how you think taking care of a baby will be easy. So I told you that I'd let you babysit Paige to know what it's like and you agreed" Alex explained "Jo is at the hospital, I just got paged and our babysitter is sick, so, today is your lucky day"

"Paige!" Lydia cheered as she looked away from the T.V to the door

She jumped off the couch and ran towards them.

"Hi Paige" she said

"Leelee" Paige said back excitedly, unable to say Lydia

"Bye Paige" Alex said getting his daughter's attention "And be good for Dr. Jackson Ok?"

Paige nodded her head excitedly before turning back to Lydia.

"Have fun" Alex grinned at his friend before walking away

Jackson groaned as he closed the door and placed Paige on the floor, who was eager to get off him.

"What's Paige doing here daddy?" Lydia asked

"Alex has to go to the hospital so, we're babysitting today" he answered

"Yay" Lydia cheered, Paige trying to mimic her

"Come on Paige, let's go play"

Lydia held on to the tiny girl's hand and lead her to the couch.

"We're gonna play tea party, hide and seek,tag..." Lydia began listing games

Jackson groaned, what did he get himself into?

________

"Yay!" Lydia cheered along with the younger girl, they had just finished another game of "patty cake"

Jackson sat back on the couch, watching them play on the floor in front of him. It was the best he could do.

Three hours had passed, and he was already exhausted. Lydia was excited to have someone younger to play with, Jackson was just worried about having another person to look after.

"What else can we play daddy?" Lydia asked

The curly haired girl had taken over the game playing, and Jackson allowed it. It kept the girls entertained and him feeling a little less overwhelmed. Now, Lydia had ran out of games to play, and she needed a suggestion.