Chapter 10

AUGUST: Wedding 5 months away

Jackson walked through his apartment door, pulling Lydia's fourth suitcase behind him.

"How does a 5 year old have more clothes than I do?" Jackson asked April, who had just come from "his" bedroom turned "theirs"

"That's a question for your mother to answer" she replied

"Did she even wear all of this?"

"Yeah"

"When?" he asked wondering what occasions his daughter actually had to wear them

"When she plays dress up" April simply answered

"That makes sense"

Jackson and April were finally engaged and they were excited about their nuptials. Since they were engaged, they thought the next logical step was to move in together. They already spent a lot of time at each other's apartments, so things wouldn't feel weird or new for them. They decided to move into Jackson apartment, it was the bigger and as Lydia put it, the cooler one. Plus it had a gorgeous view of Seattle that April just loved. And , it was just as close to the hospital as her old apartment was.

"Where is the little munchkin?" Jackson asked closing the front door

"In her new room" April answered

He nodded and then brought the suitcase to her room, leaving April alone in the living room to look around. She couldn't wait to put her touch on the apartment, it was in desperate need of some colour.

"What are you thinking about?" Jackson asked as he walked back into the living room, seeing how she looked around the room

"Just thinking about the changes I'll be making" she answered teasingly

"You just got here and you're already making changes?"

"Well it is my apartment too, and I've had ideas for this place for a while now"

Jackson shook his head at her as he decided to change the topic back to Lydia.

"Are you aware of what our daughter is doing in there?"

"She's making her birthday party list" April simply answered

Jackson looked at her confused "Am I the only one in here who doesn't know there was going to be a party?"

"You told her she was getting a party"

"I never told her that?" Jackson denied

April's mouth widened in disbelief "She was going on and on about how awesome her friend’s party was  the day after she went, and you told her, and I quote 'your party will be way cooler'"

"I said that?" he asked trying to think back to the day

"So you're suffering from memory loss now?"

"Crap" Jackson cursed under his breath as the memory came back to him, he indeed did tell his daughter that her party was going to be cooler

"Prepare yourself for this one, it will be more outrageous than the last one" April warned

"Wait, is this happening here? Again?"

"Can you think of any place else?"

Jackson groaned as he thought back to the last birthday party Lydia had. In a month's time, his apartment will again be filled with little kids on sugar highs. And by then, his "bachelor pad" would be turned into a family home by his fiancé. Toys in the living room was going to be a regular thing and make up is going to be sitting on his bathroom sink from now on. Everything was going to change now that April and Lydia were officially moving in, and the whole dynamic of his apartment was going to be different. But in all honesty, he couldn't have wished for anything else.