Chapter 8

5 Months Later

April stood behind the kitchen island, staring at Jackson's bare back as he made them breakfast.

"It was a sign from God, it was a sign from God" she chanted in her mind

She and Lydia had spent the night at his apartment, and as the little girl slept, the two adults tried their best to not get sexual in any way.

April saw the constant interruptions as a weird sign from God, telling her she should abstain from sex, and she decided to at least try. Jackson didn't understand her logic, but respected it all the same. All this however, didn't change the fact that it was hard to keep their hands off each other, even five months later. Every look, touch or gesture seemed sexual, even if it wasn't meant to be. The two had spent the night on his bed, with their backs facing each other. It was a bit easier to not get tempted if you couldn't see what was tempting you right? WRONG! For some reason, that made it worse.

She was now standing there, staring at him, the lust from the night before building up.

"Why does this have to be so hard?" she asked herself and God

She bit her lips as she stared at the moving muscles on his back.

"Get it together April" she whispered to herself

But her little pep talk didn't help as she found herself walking around the island towards him.

"God help me" she silently prayed

As if on cue, Lydia appeared out of no where.

"Good morning" she groggily said, Mr. Avery Bear tucked under her arms

"Thank you" she whispered looking up, before turning to her daughter "Good morning sweetie"

Jackson turned around and spotted the two standing there smiling at him. He could certainly get used to this every morning.

"Good morning ladies" he smiled "Made us breakfast"

The two took a seat on the stools, Lydia needing a little boost. Jackson turned to Lydia.

"What would you like? Toast or cereal?" he asked

"Cereal!" she cheered

"Ok. What about you?" he asked April

She didn't answer, instead, she was staring at his abs. Jackson waved his hands to get her attention.

"Huh?" she asked finally looking up at him

"What would you like?" he asked

"Uh…..toast" she answered

April watched as Jackson poured a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crush for Lydia and made her plate. Why did putting eggs into plate look so sexy? She knew he didn't mean for to be sexy, but it was.

"You should really put a shirt on" she stated

"Why?" he asked walking over to them and placing their breakfast in front of them

He knew why he should put a shirt on, he just wanted to see what she'll say.

"Daddy, you could get burned" Lydia answered his question instead

"True" he answered "But if I do, Mommy could kiss it and make it better" he added with a smirk

Ok, that was definitely meant to be sexual. She narrowed her eyes at him before digging into her food.

"This just keeps getting harder" she whispered to herself

"Hello Mother" Jackson said

He was walking down the hallway when his mother called.