Chapter 18

"Mommy, wake up!" Lydia said, shaking her mother who was asleep on the bed "You too daddy" she added towards Jackson

"What?" April quickly sat up in bed, she had gone into full mommy worry mode "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong mommy" Lydia answered

"Then why did you wake me up?"

"We have to go to Ohio to see grandma and grandpa!" she said with excitement

April looked around the room and spotted the packed suitcases. Then she remembered, it was the day that they leave Seattle to go to Ohio to visit her parents. It was the first time three of them would be going as a family.

"If you guys don't get up, we'll miss the plane" the little curly haired girl explained

April checked the time, it was five am. They had a few more hours before they had to leave to catch their flight. But it seemed that her daughter was too excited to stay in bed.

"Alright, alright, we're getting up," she said before turning to Jackson "Jackson, wake up"

"Why?" he groaned

"Cause daddy, we're going to Ohio today" Lydia answered his question

After some more coaxing, Jackson finally got out of bed. They spent some time making breakfast and entertaining Lydia before finally getting ready to leave. That was all they had to do, suitcases and bags were already packed the night before.

When it was nine am sharp, the three left the apartment. After dropping a spear key off with Alex and Jo's, they headed for the airport.

________

"You know Lydia if you keep bouncing like that, you'll fly right out of the car," Joe Kepner said from the driver's seat

"No I won't grandpa" Lydia giggled as she continued

She was sitting in the back with her mother, while her father sat in the passenger seat. They had landed about an hour ago and Joe had shown up to the airport to pick them up. They were now on their way to the Kepner house, and Lydia couldn't hold in her excitement, hence the bouncing in the back seat. It had been a while since she'd been to her grandparents' house and she couldn't wait to get there and play with her cousins.

Jackson and April shook their heads at their daughter's excitement as their drive to the house continued. April was excited to be in her childhood home again after such a long time of being away. It would be great to spend some time with her sisters, even if they annoyed the crap out of her. This was Jackson's second time in Moline, the first being when he came to convince Karen to come to the wedding. Now, he was finally having the chance to enjoy the place.

After another thirty minutes of driving, they finally made it to the entrance of the Kepner farm. They drove a few meters down the driveway before they pulled up and were parked in front of the large farmhouse.

Lydia was the first to climb out of the car and run to her grandmother that was standing on the porch waiting for them.

"Grandma!" she yelled running into the older woman's arms

"Hello Lydia" Karen smiled, hugging her granddaughter back

After their embrace, Karen placed her down and looked her over.

"You've gotten taller since I last saw you" she commented

"I know" Lydia grinned up at her

"If she keeps that up she'll be taller than me by the end of the year," April said approaching them