Chapter 4: Thanksgiving with The Kepners

April handed the money to the teenage girl, before she walked to the door.

"Thanks again Lindsey" April said following behind her

"No problem Dr. Kepner" the girl smiled before walking out the door

April locked the front door before returning to the living room.

"You know we wouldn't have to pay a babysitter if we had just dropped her off at Karev's" Jackson said as he sipped the beer he had gotten from the fridge earlier

He sat, leaned back on the couch, with his suit jacket unbuttoned and opened up, and his tie loose.

"How are we supposed to keep this a secret if we brought her there?" April asked

She stood there in a blue cocktail dress and black heels. Her hair was pinned up, a bit messier than how it was before she left, due to the make out session she partook in, in the car before they came up.

"Uh, we just tell them" Jackson answered

"No" April snapped "We're not telling him, he can't keep his mouth shut. The whole hospital will know we're dating by midnight"

They, as in April, had decided to keep the whole dating thing a secret for a while. The last time they were together, things didn't turn out so good, so they wanted to keep things between them until they were sure about how their relationship would work out. Lydia was unaware that her parents were dating, but she was a smart girl, she knew something was up. She could sense something was different between them.

"Ugh, these heels" April groaned as she walked over to the couch and sat next to Jackson

"We could've gone to the movies, where you could of worn flats, but noooo, you wanted a fancy date" Jackson teased

"Going to the movies to watched some random movie isn't romantic" April said as she pulled her heels off

"We could have seen some romantic chick flick or something" he argued

"Still not so romantic"

April leaned back and stretched her legs out and wiggled her toes, giving them the well needed space.

"You should leave, it's getting late" she said

Jackson placed his beer bottle on the coffee table and scooted closer to her on the couch.

"Or maybe….we could continue, what we started in the car" Jackson lowly whispered, referring to their little make out session

He dipped his head down to her neck, and lightly brushed his lips against it.

"I don't think we should be doing this" April whispered, trying to hold back a moan.

"Why not?" Jackson asked as he planted a kiss on her neck, then on her jawline, and then the corner of her lip

Instead of answering, she captured his lips in hers. Her hand instantly went to the nape of his neck, pulling him closer, as his hands went to her waist. The make out session soon got heated and Jackson's hand slowly rested on her leg, which wasn't cover by her dress. His hands then began moving up her thigh, under her dress.

April tried pulling her body away, but her body didn't want to. She knew what his hand up her dress meant, and she didn't want to get into that.

She hand made a decision to not have sex with Jackson. Sex complicated things the last time and now they had a child. She wanted a different experience this time. But her body wasn't agreeing with her brain.

She had been without Jackson and sex for 5 years! And few weeks ago, her body had gotten a taste of it again. And because of that, it felt like her body had refused to have another 5 years without Jackson Avery.