Chapter 26

YET ANOTHER CHAPPIE! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. <3 ONE MORE CHAPPIE TO GO.

Kikyo saw the wedding/battle going on when she reached the castle. The first person she noticed was Naraku. "As I suspected, it was Naraku's aura!" she thought. Instinctively, she grabbed her bow and began drawing out an arrow. She stared out, pointing the arrow towards her target. Kikyo steadied her aim, feeling a trickle of sweat form from the top of her forehead and slide down her cheek. She released the arrow. A bright pinkish light formed around it as it was flying through the air.

Naraku motioned his head to the side and saw the arrow coming at him really fast. Before he could do anything about it, the arrow purified the spot where his heart should be. Leaving a hole in his chest, Naraku hissed,"Kikyo!" Naraku grabbed the end of the arrow, trying to pull it out his chest. "Don't bother trying to pull out my arrow, Naraku." Kikyo was walking closer to Naraku with her bow in her hand. "Kikyo, do you really think you pose a threat to me with that measly weapon?" Naraku's hand changed into a tentacle and used it as a weapon against Kikyo. She quickly reacted and shot three arrows. The first two missed Naraku's body. The last arrow hit the oncoming tentacle, splattering clumps of flesh all over the place. "Let's get down to business, Naraku. What is the real reason why you have Izayoi?"

Explosions filled the surroundings, Inuyasha and the others hurried to the castle. Inuyasha's golden eyes widen when he spotted Kikyo with Naraku making him furious. "Kikyo! Naraku, you stay away from her you, bastard!" Inuyasha pulled out his Tetsusaiga from its sheath as he ran towards them. "Inuyasha, don't." Kikyo stopped him from going any further. "This is between me and Naraku." Inuyasha lowered his sword, confused. "Why Kikyo? I wanna help you!" Naraku laughed. "You see, Inuyasha? Kikyo does not want your help. Face it Inuyasha. Kikyo's not your woman anymore." Inuyasha's face burned up.

"I'm not talking to you, Naraku!" he yelled back, pointing his sword at Naraku. "Inuyasha! That's enough!" Kikyo walked in front of Naraku, now becoming impatient with Inuyasha's interference. "Naraku, I will ask you one more time! What do you want with Izayoi?!" Naraku smile mischievously and replied,"To be the one to protect the jewel…in case I ever leave this world. I wanted to be sure that the jewel would not fall into anyone else's hands." Kikyo narrowed her eyes and asked,"Why would you have her protecting the jewel? Back then, you valued the jewel much more than our daughter." Naraku's voice harden,"My reason has no explanation and nothing you do that will change it."

Izayoi looked at the direction where Naraku and Kikyo were with Inuyasha. It seem like there was something big was going on. "Inuyasha and my mom were lovers in their time…and Naraku tricked them into thinking they betrayed each other. All because that jewel !" Izayoi thought furiously.

"Kikyo, what do you intend to do?" Inuyasha hollered out. Kikyo didn't answered him. Instead she said angrily,"Naraku, I will not have you use Izayoi in any way you please! I'd been damned before you do her any harm!" Kikyo was ready to take a shot at Naraku, but Naraku threw his miasma towards her and Inuyasha. Taking advantage of this, he shot a tentacle towards Izayoi. Kikyo was covered by Inuyasha before the miasma hit her. Wrapping around Izayoi, the tentacle slowly came back to Naraku and the miasma cleared up. Kikyo angrily cried out to Naraku,"Leave her out of this, Naraku!"

Naraku responded,"Why should I listen you! If you try to kill me, Izayoi would get harmed in the process. You don't want that do you, Kikyo?" "Damn…Naraku is using her as a shield! He knows perfectly that I wouldn't want her to get hurt!" she thought, panicking.

Bankotsu was blocking the attacks coming from the enraged Hakudoshi. "You do realize that you're not exactly hitting me, don't you?" he teased. "Just shut up!" Hakudoshi bellowed furiously and swung his naginata at Bankotsu. He merely laughed at Hakudoshi. "What? Can't you aim right, Hakudoshi? " Bankotsu jested with a smug look on his face.