Chapter 17

THIS IS THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT I PROMISED WITH THE OTHER ONE. ANYWAYS... HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT.

In the next month, Izayoi and Bankotsu spent their time doing all sorts of things together. Sometimes, the Turks would accompany them in their activities. One day, Izayoi and Bankotsu went to the beach for a date. Once there, they went for a swim. Bankotsu and Izayoi splashed playfully at each other for a long while. While resting on the beach for a few minutes, Izayoi began to build a small sand castle. "Bankotsu, how does it look?! Isn't it amazing?!"

He smiled and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek. Izayoi blushed. "It looks good!" he said, putting an arm around her shoulders. "My sister and I used to go to the beach and build castles. It was a good way to pass the time." "I hadn't come to the beach in a long time." The sea's waters was clashing against the rocks, making a big splash. Bankotsu was looking at Izayoi intensely.

"I used to go to the beach more often when I was a kid," he said. "But then, the whole mercenary business kept us busy so I stopped going too." "I just stopped going because I hardly had time. I would go out with friends more than spend time with my mom and my sister. Anyways, Bankotsu, would you lay down on the sand?" Then he asked Izayoi in an annoyed tone, "Why do you want me to lay down on the sand?" Izayoi smiled and said,"Because...I want to bury you in the sand." "Hey! I was buried for 10 years(Author's Note: or was it 15 years?)" Izayoi came closer to Bankotsu, kissing him passionately. Bankotsu wrapped his strong arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"You had to ruin the whole 'buried' thing, didn't you?" Bankotsu smirked at her and replied,"Yes, but..." Bankotsu sighed before continuing,"I just want to have you in my arms. That's all." Izayoi nodded happily. She then got up and announced,"Okay. How about I teach you something I used to play back home?" Bankotsu looked confused. "What?" "Volleyball." She threw a volleyball at him that she had borrowed from Itzsuna earlier. "Volleyball?" "Yeah. Can you help me put up the net?" He smiled sweetly and said," Fine." After finishing putting up the net, Izayoi began to teach Bankotsu how to properly spike the ball. "No, no. You're doing it all wrong! You have to hold it up and then bump it like this!"

Then Izayoi hit the volleyball over the net. Bankotsu caught the ball. "Hit it over the net!" Izayoi yelled. Bankotsu served it over the net. Izayoi hit it but ended up hitting the net. "Nice one!" Izayoi turned and saw the Turks approaching. "You guys are here?!" Reno ran over to them and hugged Izayoi really hard so that she couldn't breathe. "Okay, okay. You're hugging me a little too tight." He immediately let go when he saw Bankotsu glaring at him and then said,"How about we play a game right here and now!" Elena, Itzsuna, Tseng and Rude were all behind Reno with a "What?!" expression on their faces. Itzsuna stepped in front Reno. "Why not? I might beat you!" "Oh yeah? Then it's on!" he yelled. They divided into teams: Itzsuna, Izayoi, and Bankotsu against Elena, Tseng, and Reno.

Rude was going to be in charge of the score. After quickly explaining the rotating process to Bankotsu, Izayoi spiked the ball over the net. Tseng tried to hit it, but missed. "In your face, Reno!" Itzsuna yelled. "Shut up! We're gonna whoop your asses! You'll see!" Reno replied. Izayoi threw the ball to Bankotsu. He managed to hit it over but Elena hit it. Izayoi spiked it back, but Reno was quick and hit it over again. Itzsuna was about to hit it but missed. "Ha! That's for what you said earlier!" Reno teased. "Shut the hell up Reno! That was just lucky!" Itzsuna screamed back. After about 15 minutes into the game, Itzsuna was already getting really pissed. Reno's team was winning with 10 to 5. "Told you we'd win!" Reno laughed.

"Just wait 'til this is over. You won't be laughing when I kick your ass!" Itzsuna replied. "I'd like to see you try!" he mocked, hitting the ball over again and scoring another point. Within another 5 minutes, they had already scored 12 to 5. Itzsuna yelled in frustration and ran after Reno who was still teasing her. Elena and the other Turks rolled their eyes. "Well, good game!" Tseng said walking after them. "Well, I'd better go before they tear each other to shreds!" Elena sighed. "Yeah. Take this to Itzsuna. I borrowed it from her," Izayoi said, handing over the net and volleyball to Elena. "Sure. See ya later then! And you two behave!" she said as she and Rude walked off. Izayoi blushed as Bankotsu came over to her and hugged her. "Let's go. I'm tired," she said. "Fine." Izayoi and Bankotsu got dressed quickly. It was still kind of early but they set off to go eat something and see what they could do to pass the rest of the day.