Chapter 10

Izayoi woke up in her bed with Bankotsu beside her. She sat up suddenly. The wedding was tomorrow night! There was no way that she could escape this! Not that she didn't have anything against Hakushi, it was just that she was in love with Bankotsu and not him. He was charming and cute, but Izayoi didn't want him as a husband. "Well," she thought sadly. "At least I won't be living under the same roof with Hakudoshi anymore." She sighed and turned to look at Bankotsu. Apparently, he had woken up and was watching her. Izayoi fell onto his chest and started to cry in frustration. "I don't want to marry him!" she cried. "I know you don't," he said gently. "I don't want you to marry either."

Izayoi got up from the bed and went to open a window. The sunlight shone into the room. It was a beautiful day outside. If the whole marriage issue wasn't around, she would probably be enjoying the day with Bankotsu. He came over to her and hugged her. He sighed as he thought that he was going to loose his Izayoi tomorrow night. He kissed her cheek and held her closer to him. "I'm gonna go get ready," Izayoi said sadly. Bankotsu let go of her and watched her go into the bathroom. He stared at her silhouette through the screen. He didn't want Izayoi to belong to someone else.

Bankotsu walked away and went to sit on the bed. "I wonder what that creep Hakudoshi did to her? Who the hell does he think he is!? Even I wouldn't be able to hurt Izayoi in any way. She's too beautiful," he thought. "But still...I don't want to give her up to that guy!" He felt his eyes suddenly fill with tears. He wiped them away and thought, "I haven't cried in a long time. I musn't let Izayoi see me cry." After some time, Izayoi came out of the bathroom. Apparently, she didn't want to waste her time getting ready. Her hair was damp and she didn't have her usual makeup on. Bankotsu looked at her. "She still looks beautiful," he said in his mind.

Izayoi went to the bed and sat down on it. Bankotsu noticed the sad look in her gorgeous red eyes as she brushed her hair. "Izayoi?" he asked gently. She looked up at him. "What is it?" she asked softly. "I don't...I...don't wanna...I don't wanna lose you!" he burst out suddenly. He then embraced her. Izayoi looked down at Bankotsu in surprise. He was trying hard not to shed tears as he rested his face on her chest. This time, Izayoi stroked his hair. "I love you, Bankotsu. I always will," she said gently. She cried gently as she rested her head on his. "I love you, too, Izayoi," he said, looking up at her. Izayoi lovingly stared back at him. She had never seen Bankotsu act so sweetly before. She gave him a small smile. "I'd do anything to avoid getting married," she thought. "I'll do anything to see my Bankotsu happy like he was when I first met him."

A sudden knock startled them slightly. Izayoi said,"Who is it?" "It's me. Kagura!" "Come in," Izayoi answered. "I have some good news and some bad news," she said. "What's the good news?" Izayoi asked. "You don't have to get married anymore! Naraku called off the marriage!" Kagura replied, smiling slightly. Izayoi and Bankotsu hugged each other tightly. "It's over!" Izayoi whispered to Bankotsu excitedly. Kagura watched patiently as she saw the two lovers embraced in happiness. "What's the bad news?" Bankotsu asked, as he and Izayoi pulled away.

"The reason Naraku called off the marriage is because Hakushi is dead. Killed as a matter of fact," Kagura said, waving herself with her fan. "Killed! By who?!" Izayoi asked, shocked. "Who knows. Apparently, his servants found him dead outside. All I know is that he was slashed across the chest. And from what the letter said, the wound was pretty deep. Deep enough that it was fatal," Kagura replied with a solemn look on her face. "The letter?" Izayoi questioned. "The servants send a letter just this morning." Izayoi sat in thought for a few moments. "Don't get the wrong idea, but I'm happy that I don't have to marry Hakushi anymore. But I think that he didn't deserve to die the way he did," Izayoi replied quietly.

"Well, I'd better leave before anyone catches me," Kagura said, stepping out of the room. As soon as she left, Bankotsu lifted Izayoi in his arms and kissed her. After carrying her for a long while, he put her down onto the bed. Izayoi looked at him and said happily,"Well, now that our problem is solve, what do you wanna do?" "I just wanna be with you," Bankotsu replied. "Okay, then! Let's go eat some breakfast," Izayoi suggested. "Fine," he said, getting up.

Bankotsu and Izayoi were outside eating the breakfast that the servants had prepared for them. "I feel as if I can breathe now that the marriage is cancelled," Izayoi told Bankotsu as she fed him some of her food. He swallowed and then said,"Yeah, I'm glad you don't have to marry someone else." He fed her rice and then added,"Now all we have to do is make sure that Hakudoshi doesn't harm you anymore." "Do you think I should tell my father about it?" Izayoi asked.

Bankotsu looked at her for a few moments before replying,"You should if you think he'll believe you." "That's the problem. I don't know if he will believe me!" Izayoi looked away and signaled for a servant to clean up the area. "Oh, well. I'll just have to avoid Hakudoshi more than ever I guess," Izayoi said. "Let's go over with my friends. I'll be able to show you how to download music. Remember when I showed you my iPod?" "Oh, yeah. Let's go!" Bankotsu said helping Izayoi up.