Chapter 19

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE... PROCRASTINATION IS TO BLAME. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. :3 I'M SORRY I'M NOT THAT A GOOD OF AN ARTIST, BUT IT'S AN OLD PIC THAT I MADE.

The rest of the Turks had arrived at the camp just after Izayoi and Kohaku had left. "Where were you guys?" Elena asked, as she ate some chips. "We went to go explore a bit and kind of got lost for a while," Itzsuna explained. "So what have you done all day?" "Oh nothing really. Izayoi came by to visit for a while. She left just now," Elena said yawning. "Really?" Tseng said flopping down on a chair. "She left in a hurry though. She was almost late for her date," Elena continued. "That right! She has a date with Bankotsu tonight!" Itzsuna said. "Let's go spy on them. What do say, Elena? You wanna come?"

"I'll come!" Reno said excitedly. "Why? Just so you can pretend that Izayoi's kissing you instead of Bankotsu?" Tseng blurted. "No!" Reno said defensively. "Yeah right," Rude said unexpectedly. "Anyways," Elena interrupted loudly. "Sure let's go!" "Well count me out," Tseng said. "Haven't you all got something better to do than spy on them?" "No," Reno, Itzsuna, and Elena said together. Tseng sighed and looked at Rude. "I'm not going either. What they do is none of my business," he said. "Fine," Reno said. "We don't want boring people with us anyways," Itzsuna added. Reno, Itzsuna, and Elena got a couple of binoculars and left. "Good luck," Tseng yelled after them. "Thanks!" Reno yelled back.

Izayoi and Bankotsu arrived at the nearest lake. Bankotsu helped Izayoi into the boat before getting in himself. Izayoi looked up at the beautiful full moon. Bankotsu couldn't have picked a more perfect night for their date. "Izayoi?" She turned around when he spoke her name. "I love you," she said simply. He kissed her on the forehead. "I love you too."

"Oww, Reno! That was my foot! And I'm wearing flip-flops!" Itzsuna said in a loud whisper. "Sorry! It wasn't my fault you were in way!" "Are you saying it's my fault that you-" Itzsuna said. "Will you two shut up?!" Elena warned in a deadly whisper. "Do want them to find out that we're spying on them?!" "No," Reno and Itzsuna said shamefully. "Then be quiet," she said looking for the binoculars.

"Oh Bankotsu! This is so romantic!" Izayoi exclaimed. "I've always wanted to go on a boat ride." "I knew my princess would enjoy it," Bankotsu replied, caressing her face. He stopped the boat in the middle of the lake. Izayoi moved closer to him. She rested her head on his shoulder as they embraced in the moonlight. "This is the perfect date," Izayoi thought. She stared at the rippling water, listening to the sound of crickets. An owl hooted in the distance as she closed her eyes, taking in the moment. Bankotsu placed a hand on Izayoi's head and held her closer to him. "I must be the luckiest guy in the world! No other guy has a girl like my Izayoi." He took in the sweet scent of her hair as he ran his fingers through it.

"Awww...how sweet!" Elena sighed as she looked at Izayoi and Bankotsu through her binoculars. "What are they doing?" Itzsuna asked. "Use your binoculars," Elena said. "Well, I would, but somebody doesn't want to lend them to me!" "Hey, these are mine! You should've brought your own instead!" Reno argued. "I couldn't find mine!" "That's not my problem!" he whispered back angrily. "Just lend me yours for a little while," Itzsuna said. "NO!" "Shhh!" Elena whispered. Reno and Itzsuna immediately shut up and crouched lower behind the bush. Apparently, their whispering was loud enough that Bankotsu and Izayoi turned around to see if anyone was nearby. "See what you two idiots did?!" Elena whispered angrily. "Sorry!" they replied. "Reno, you look through the binoculars on one side and Itzsuna look through the other one." "Fine," Reno replied.

"What was that?" Izayoi asked still hugging Bankotsu. "Probably just some animal," he replied. "Anyway, why are you nervous? You know nothing will harm you as long as you're with me." Izayoi smiled and lightly kissed his lips. "Promise that you'll always be there to protect me no matter what." "I promise," Bankotsu replied. Izayoi nuzzled her nose against his. "I love you. I love you. I love you!" she said. Bankotsu kissed her many times rapidly on her cheek. Izayoi giggled and cuddled into his neck. Bankotsu kissed the top of her head and stroked her hair once more. "WHAT THE HELL, RENO?!" Bankotsu and Izayoi turned around suddenly and saw Itzsuna hit Reno on the head from behind a bush. "WHAT"S YOUR PROBLEM CRAZY B-?!" "Great! You guys did perfectly!" Elena interrupted sarcastically while clapping. Izayoi sighed and said,"We can never have any privacy can we?" "Apparently not," he said looking over at the trio arguing. "Bankotsu, can we go home and continue our date there?" "That's a good idea," he replied and rowed the boat the shore. Izayoi held onto Bankotsu's arm and, with her head held high, walked back to the castle, leaving behind the Turks to continue their argument.