Lost hopes

Xalvador's POV

Once again I enter my room to breathe the sweet, intoxicating smell of my mate. Adrian would have marked her if she hadn't reached out to me on the right time. And I know sugar bun would have never forgiven me for that. She is strong and stubborn. And that is something that frustrates and binds me to her.

I know her eyes are on me as I shed my t-shirt to reveal my chiseled body. I smirk as I can literally hear her suddenly quickened pace of breathing and just for a show, flex my muscles.

"Like what you see?" I ask smugly, my back still facing to her. I grin as I don't hear a quick retort from her. Keeping a hard expression I turn towards her, raising my eyebrows in taunting question.

"Don't flatter yourself." She manages with a failed hard expression. I walk to her, satisfied when her breathe hitches and her eyes widen just for a second. I can tell after today, she doesn't trust me or Adrian. I smugly smirk as I place one knee on the bed and whisper in her ears.

"You know what could have happened if you didn't reach out to me today sugar bun."

"You-you wouldn't have marked me." She says firmly and Adrian is pleased on hearing the touch of trust in her statement.

"Maybe I wouldn't have. But Adrian is not a case I can guarantee." I say lightly but suddenly, her body stiffens. I can feel the wrath flowing off her as I run a finger through her jawline and down to her delectable neck. She scrambles off the bed, sensing the future events and scurries to the bathroom. I am about to rejoice in my small victory when Liam mindlinks me.

"Alpha. Elizabeth found something."

"I'll be there in five." I say curtly and with a last glance to the bathroom, leave.

"Alpha I have been thinking a lot about the Silver Fall's extra ordinary powers. I therefore reached out to some of my friends and have found out something totally unheard." She says and I nod at her to continue.

"These powers are not hereditory or achieved by practice and hardwork. They are powers of nature. Powers of magic."

I frown as none of what she says registers with me.

"What do you mean?"

"Alpha, there is a strange smell on these wolves as you know. I got in touch with some of my friends and they told me about witches. Its a spell or a magic chant that binds them with these powers."

I look at Elizabeth incredulously, shocked with this new information. Sure I had heard about witches and magic but I never thought I would encounter one case for real. But if what she is saying is indeed true then my pack is at the biggest threat. They are way more stronger than we would ever be. No no no. This won't do. I have to find a way.

"How powerful are these witches?" I ask one by one.

"It depends on the experience or practice that particular witch has."

"And you can say for sure, the Silver Falls have a witch?"

"I trust my capabilities of sniffing and also the opinion of my friends. So yes, they do have a witch. I advise you send spies on this work immediately." She replies confidently and my fears are confirmed now. Elizabeth never speaks like this unless she is absolutely sure.

What am I to do now?

Arabella's POV

"Maisie! Oh my God Maisie stop!" I yell as I spot Maisie near the river, chanting and blood pouring out of her ears. I jerk her violently and she finally recovers. I breath a sigh of relief as tears flow down freely from her eyes.