Back to pavilion

Hey nerdies! First of all I am extremely sorry for the slow updates but I seriously don't get enough time these days! That is why I have decided that I'll post longer chapters now. They will be lengthy than any others I have written before but my updates will be twice a week then! It breaks my heart to say this but with all the ideas bubbling in my head, I do need sufficient time to form this story the way I want it to. Please comment if you think this is a good idea?!

I am walking towards his office when Liam calls me from behind.

"Hey Luna!"

"Hey Liam, I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'll meet you later okay?" I shout to him, looking over my shoulder. He walks away with a nod and before I can turn my head, my body crashes into someone's.

"Watch it!" The voice growls and I look up to find myself staring at Xalvador.

"I am sorry, I wasn't looking." I mumble and his eyes soften just a bit. He doesn't say anything, as if waiting for me to speak and I quickly ask.

"So where are you going right now?"

"To the pack borders, Axel needs my help." He says in a curt tone.

"Okay..." I say and he stares at me for a moment and then continues on his way. Reacting to my instincts, I call out to him.

"Xalvador wait!" I call out and he stops, still not facing me. Its a good thing too. Its easier to talk when I don't have to gauge his (scary) reactions.

"I am sorry for acting like a jerk last night."

"Someone told you." He says quitely and walks away. It takes me a minute to register the meaning and when I do, he has already disappeared in the woods.

Xalvador's POV

I walk deeper into the woods, my thoughts shifting from my 8th birthday to Arabella. That woman drives me crazy. She makes me so angry that I always think I will punish her but then, one look at her face and my resolve breaks. She looks so damn beautiful walking and talking around. And the way she talks to me, fearlessly- its something that makes me both the kinds of mad. At her and for her.

She is the perfect combination of soft and tough. How easily she switches between the two traits, it marvels me. But her resistance to mate with me, its drives me insane. I've seen the way other wolves look at her as she walks around without a mark! She is beautiful and I can't tolerate other people staring at what is mine.

What happened to dad, I won't let that happen to me. Tomorrow, I will make her mine. I will mark her no matter what!

The past few days, since she has come, I have been too soft. I have to be my old self. She will accept me the way I am or I will take her aginst her will. Bind her and lock if necessary. But she won't be ever leaving.

"Alpha!" Axel's voice breaks me out of my trance.

"Look at this." He says pointing to a dead wolf on the ground. I sniff and growl as I realize who it is.

"Its that damn Black Water again! What the fuck was this wolf doing here?" I ask, my voice calm contradicting the anger I'm feeling.

"Alpha, this wolf was the same. The extraordinarily fast moving speed and more powerful. It was very hard to overpower him but we managed somehow."

"Any of the warriors injured?"

"Yes but the damage is not serious."

"And this wolf was alone?"