Freedom

Author's Note: The response to TWC has been really overwhelming. I really didn't think my story would make people laugh and cry. And to everyone who is starting the story, I hope you all enjoy it.

IMPORTANT- So I wrote this book almost two years ago now and hence my writing skills have improved a lot over the course of time. I am aware that the writing is terrible at a lot of places and that there are grammatical errors everywhere.

And if you don't like the story, please kindly stop reading. Please remember that no one is forcing you to read a fragment of my imagination. Hateful comments will be reported.

P.S- Please be aware of these mirror sites like 'Truyenfun' that literally copy Wattpad stories and post them on their site. They are likely to contain malware that can harm your devices. Wattpad is aware and is working on resolving the issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk behind a nearby tree and strip off all my clothes. I shift immediately, cracking my bones and turning into my white-furred wolf. I carefully pick up my clothes between my teeth. I only have a few pairs and I can't afford to lose them. I look upwards and see the sky draping the blanket of darkness over itself. My wolf is in high spirits about finding a new place to live as she never really liked this current temporary home of mine. I shake my head to left and right, lean back and then with a huge jump begin my journey of discovering unknown and unmarked territories to survive for a while.

I am Arabella. Just Arabella. I don't know my last name because I have never really known anyone from my family. The only person I distinctly remember is an old lady who I like to think of as my grandmother. Even she got killed in a brutal attack by an unknown pack's werewolves. I was very small then, and probably the reason I'm living today. Grandmother had hidden me as soon as she whiffed the scent of those foreign devil wolves. Why the other werewolves couldn't smell and find me- I would never know. Because I remember, I was there. Just there. Hidden in the ground beneath a heap of leaves. They could have easily found and killed me. I was trembling, shaking with fear back then but now- I am strong and way more powerful. Living as a rogue taught me things necessary for a wolf's survival and self-defence.

I trudge along a steep narrow valley kind of road and keep walking. I need to find a safe and secure place for shelter for the next few days. A place safe enough to hunt and then probably rest the entire day. I guess the sole purpose of my life now is surviving. That's all I gotta do. And I'm honestly very happy with the kind of life I live. I have survived in the same way for the past 19 years and I sure as hell can do it in the future too. My wolf isn't too happy about it though. She is not a typical wolf. Though I wouldn't really know what a typical wolf is like I still know my wolf is different. Her name is Fiana and she is beautiful, smart and rational. I have come across many other rogues while wandering through lands and forests and I know how the majority of the female wolves are totally insane. They are only interested in the prospect of finding a mate and living with them. Fiana wants that too but she is intelligent enough to understand that being a rogue, that's next to impossible.

I finally see a deep dark alley in the forest which seems a perfect shelter. I mind link Fiana about her opinion.

"I like this place too. The last one gave me creeps you know." Fiana says.

"Yes, I do know because you have mentioned that for about a hundred times now." I point out, rolling my eyes.

"No, I haven't. You are exaggerating it."

"Okay, Fiana. As you say." I laugh at her defensiveness.

"But Ara, don't stop yet. I still want to roam around. Not fully satisfied!''

"Well well, aren't you getting greedy?"

"Maybe. You can't help that, though. We are halves. You have to abide by my wishes."

"Haha okay, drama queen. Let's have a quick walk but then I'm shifting back."

"Yeah done!"

I start in the opposite direction from where I came. It's a beautiful place indeed. The moon is shining brightly in the sky and that makes the night even more glittery. Fiana is clearly enjoying herself and I'm happy for her. I soon lose the track of time and let Fiana take over. We keep walking and wandering but Fiana stops suddenly! I'm confused at first but then I smell it too. The smell of other wolves. I'm high alert on my senses and sniff around. This place, it doesn't smell the same. Oh my god! Did we step into a pack territory? I can hear distinct steps approaching us and my worries are confirmed.

"Fiana! What have you done? How could you step into a pack land?"

"I- I don't know how Ara. I was just walking and admiring the forest. I didn't even slightly realize when we entered a pack territory."

"Whatever it is Fiana but we are deep trouble now. Let's get out of here".

I quickly look around and I can see the pack border in my line of vision. If I run at full speed, I might cross the border and those wolves would be harmless then. I lunge forward and start running but it's too late! I can hear footsteps approaching me faster and swifter than before. I still don't quit. Just a little bit of running and I'll be out of here. I turn around slightly to see two huge brown wolves running towards me at full speed. Shit! What have I gotten myself into?

I increase my pace as much as I can and I can tell Fiana is nervous as hell too. The borders are closer! I might just make it. Yes, I can't give up now! Just a few more lunges and I'll be out of here. Just as I'm about to take the biggest jump to cross the borderline, a grey wolf- much bigger than the brown ones leaps at me out of nowhere and I'm pinned to the ground.

Oh no!

Hey nerdies!

Another story by me on my personal favorite genre- Werewolves! Tell me how did you guys like it? And don't forget to vote and comment :)

For everyone who is confused about the conversation, this is how it works in my story. Werewolf, as you must know, is a half-human and a half-wolf and they can switch between the two forms.

Arabella here is the human half and Fiana is her werewolf half who is inside her. The human and the werewolf part can talk to each other and all this while, Arabella was talking to her (inner) wolf.