Preparation

Xalvador's POV

"Hit like you want to kill!" I growl with my teeth clenched, holding the wolf by his neck. He manages to nod and I put him down. He gasps for breath and attacks me again. This time, its harder than last time. Better.

"Keep going like that." I say and scan my eyes through the army of my wolves. Even the weakest ones are preparing. Tomorrow is the day. From the past two days, they have been fighting and learning and training. Some of them are prepared and some of them are not. But it doesn't matter. No matter what, I am not letting my pack loose. I will risk everything I have to, to keep my pack and specially the women and children safe.

Arabella has been working on her elemental powers. She has already transported the women and children to a safe hermitage with the help of Axel. And that has provided some relief to me and to the men in my pack. Though my mate isn't safe, I still can't be more thankful about her being an elemental. Thats the only upper hand I have. Maisie's power is confusing. Some spells she can do and some she can't. I can't rely on her for much help. She too will be hidden safely when the attack happens.

"Alright wolves!" I bellow after two hours. It almost midnight. They have trained enough. Now all they need is to store their energy, get some rest and put up the best fight they can tomorrow. And that won't be possible if they are exhausted.

"Return to your homes and take rest. I want you all to be fresh and charged up for tomorrow! We are going to win!" I growl and immediately the wolves growl in a powerfuk chorus of "Yes!". I nod in satisfaction as everyone disperses. Axel and Liam nod at me as they leave and I just stay there for some time. After thinking about every possibility that could take place, I leave for my room.

"Xalvador." Arabella comes from behind and entwines our hands. Relief floods through me and I immediately put my arm around her. The bond I share with her, seeing the mark on her and realising that such a powerful wolf is my mate makes me happy to no end. She is beautiful, bold, smart and dauntless. And I couldn't have asked for anything else. But just when I look at the other side, I wish just a little that she was weak and just a normal wolf. So I would have made sure that she stays in that place tomorrow safe from harm with the other women. Its tears me apart again every second I realise that I am putting my own mate to such danger. But that's just how she is. And I can't stop her.

I align our foreheads and take a deep breath of her irresistible, intoxicating scent. She smiles and once again I'm in awe of this woman. There is hell breaking over tomorrow and here she stands like everything is perfect.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask a bit amused.

"I just feel... complete. Its like I've finally realised the fact that I have a pack and a family and you now."

"Me?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah." She smiles looking into my eyes. "I never could have imagined that I would end up with such an amazing man as my mate. You are strong, powerful, smart, amazing and... kind."

"Arabella I-"

"No listen, I am not sure if I will ever get to say this again so listen right now. Every single doubt that I had before about being here with you, there is none now. I am so at peace right now. I feel like I finally have left my past behind. All that matters is my future and my pack and my mate. I was wrong to think you were a heartless monster. You are not. You are just a hard shell with the most kind heart that I've known. And the way these people respect you, its no wonder. After everything you've been through, you still are so strong." She says with tears in her eyes. Oh my God!

"Bella sto-"

"And... I love you Xalvador." She says crying and my heart stops. I can literally not comprehend what is happening.