Blended Mysteries

I watch dazed as the leaves elevate, swirl around and as Maisie lowers her hands and stops the chant, the leaves fall too.

"Maisie what...?" I look at her in awe, feeling myself at a loss of words.

"I am a witch." She says simply and I gasp surprised for a minute before the logical part kicks in.

"Wait... you are a werewolf. And no one can possess two supernatural capabilities."

"That's right. And actually a part I haven't quite figured out yet." She says and I nod.

"How did you find out? And how can you be sure that these powers are of a witch?"

"I was in the pack library that day and I found a book named 'Giscan alchemy'. It was strange as I never had seen that book before in that section. But the name was fascinating so I took it to my room. I was just casually reading the first few lines which said 'The water spell'. The entire book is in some different language I can't fathom but the transcript is in English. Just out of boredom I followed the instructions, and I froze to ice when the water moved." She explains quite fumbling around with words. I think about it for some time, taking it in.

"Luna, I think you should try and follow the same instructions and see if it works. Maybe I'm not the only one who can do this." She quickly adds and I shake my head.

"Maisie I don't think that's going to happen. Such things are special and not everyone can do them." 

"But I found this book in a general library. Don't you think it should have been locked in a chest and stored somewhere if it is what we think it is?" He question is rational and so I agree not really positive that it will work.

"Okay. Tell me what to do."

"Focus on the water and think about raising it, then repeat the chant I'm saying."

"Okay." I breath and raise my hands towards the water.

"Auros witchtandis gralva delovis mo brantasme te kiftante watefia." She says slowly and I repeat. I memorize it in a while and then shifting my focus to the water, try to raise it. Nada. Nothing happens. I look at Maisie and she looks startled just like me.

"Its you, its you Maisie. You are blessed with magic. You- you are a witch." I smile at her still feeling awed, placing my hands on her shoulder blades and she still seems reluctant.

"I know it thrilling to accept such a thing. When I first discovered I'm the fire elemental, I couldn't believe it. Now I know that I have a purpose for possessing such a power." I explain further in reassurance. She is quite for  long while but then finally speaks,

"But its hard to believe this. You understand that I am a werewolf too right? So being a witch is absurd and its not according to the laws of nature." She says confused and I agree. She has a point.

"I understand Maisie. But its too soon. Just let it be and wait for the answers to evolve when they are suppose too. Don't stress over this. Its a good thing, not bad okay?" I say and he sighs with a nod.

"Yes Luna, you're right. I should try to find out answers instead of just fussing about this." I nod with a smile and we both walk to the house.

"Maisie I know there is a lot to discuss but right now I must see Xalvador to discuss about the attacks okay? I'll stop by your room later." I say and she quickly nods.

"Of course Luna, I'll see you later." She says and I crane my neck to a side. She realizes and laughs.

"I mean of course Miss Arabella, I'll see you later." She says and scurries away in the house.

 I walk briskly to Xalvador's office and find Marcel, Liam and Axel sitting there discussing things. Xalvador nods as I stand beside them and Liam gives me a small wmile while Marcel and Axel nod in acknowledgement.

"Double the number of the border wolves. I can't risk the events of today repeating. Marcel, start training the under 18 wolves from tomorrow. At least they should be able to defend themselves when required. And Beta, your rounds are doubles now. Once in the morning and one in the evening when I'll accompany you. Got it? And Liam, get the group heads on the ground in the morning. We have things to discuss. And all wolves train an hour extra from tomorrow. Marcel you are free to choose your own volunteers. " He barks swift orders and the other grunt in affirmation.

"How about I take training too?" I ask and Xalvador ponders.

"Fine, you will train with me one hour every morning and every night." He says, his eyes softened than before and I narrow my eyes.

"I meant train with Marcel. With the pack."

"It would be an honor Luna." Marcel says with a small smile and I smile back. He is a handsome man. Tall and built like Xavier with sharp features and a manly voice. But he is probably older than Xalvador.

"Leave." Xalvador commands and I break my eye contact with Marcel, startled. I don't leave as I have realized with past experiences that this command doesn't apply on me. The three wolves leave with Liam giving me a final look before going.

"What now?" I fold my arms around me bosom and Xalvador walks to me. My stance falters as he stands close to me, our bodies just an inch away from touching.

"You were very brave today. But I don't want you to risk your life like this." He tries to distract me, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear and I fight myself to not lean into his touch.

"Hmm. You can let me train with Marcel as a thank you." 

"I am not letting another man see my mate drenched in sweat and moving around in different ways. And that too unmarked!" He growls possessively, his eyes darkening.

"Well then, why don't you just shove me into a room and lock it?" I smile sweetly at him.

"That's a good idea." He breathes leaning towards my ear and my heart rate spikes up. "That way, I can have you all to myself, whenever I want. Without fearing you running away or being with other men." His voice caresses my cheek in feathery whispers. His hand unfolds my arms from around me and then encircles my waist pulling me to him. His left hand grabs my neck on the side and slides over it, is rough hand setting fire on my skin. I start loosing my sanity and push away.

"Xalvador stop. We are having a conversation here." I reprimand and he nods.

"Of course sugar bun, when did I refuse?" He says, stepping towards me again and taking me into his arms.

"I-I want to train with the pack. Wa- want to learn how to take down multiple wolves." I manage to stutter as his lips crash on my neck, nipping and kissing their way to my cheek.

"How about you let me mark you and then I give you the freedom to train and move around the pack." He says, his tongue lapping at the junction where I am to be marked. I moan and ball my fists as they almost reach his neck, urging him to do whatever he wants.

He is smart. He is using my desire and the bond to mark me. And he is possessive which is why I don't want to stay here. I need freedom which Xalvador doesn't know the meaning of. I can't let him mark me. Why? Because that makes him stronger and more dominant over my wishes, my feelings and my freedom. And that won't to do. Just won't.

"What do you say sugar bun? It will just take a second and then you will be free." He coos and I shift away.

"No! I am not letting you mark me. I am not ready for it." I say firmly and he stiffens.

"Well then I am not ready either to let you mingle with other wolves."

"But-"

"I said no sugar bun. You can leave now. I'll join you in bed in some time." He commands in his no-nonsense voice and I grumble some colorful words under my breath, leaving his office.

Damn you Xalvador!

Hey nerdies! There might be a few... okay maybe a thousand typs and errors in this chapter as I didn't get time to edit it. I apologize for that. I promise I will edit this and the last chapter today itself to till then forgive me.And don't forget to vote and comment :-) 

I love you guys!