Meeting the Alpha

My hands are sweating and I can feel all my senses on high alert. It has been a while since the Beta left to call his Alpha and I am actually scared as to what my fate is going to be. I don't know much about the Dark Moon's Alpha. But over the years I have heard things and so I know he is cruel, torturous, vicious and dangerous. All bad things. Once he is here only two things can happen. He will either force me to join his pack by torturing me in the worst ways or he will kill me. Simple as that. I have not ever felt so helpless as I feel right now. I can't fight, defend nor escape.

             I hear loud thuds down the staircase and my heart hammers so loud in my chest, I feel like it will come out any second now. The Alpha is here. If I thought I was feeling scared before, well now the feeling has intensified by a hundred times. But then I smell the most exotic and alluring scent I have ever inhaled. My senses are even more heightened and I find myself drawn towards the smell. The fragrance is a mixture of fresh morning woods and the raw smell of pure wet soil. A figure appears from the less illuminated stairs and my eyes are all on the huge human form coming down teasingly slow. As the lighting gets brighter, the figure I suppose is the Alpha becomes more clear. I first see two strong, gorgeously tanned arms, with muscles flexing as the hand moves even slightly. The broads shoulder line and chest come into view next and my eyes linger on his body. Clad in a black inner vest and a blue denim, I can't free my eyes from the utterly tanned and defined body. I slowly bring my eyes up to his face and a soft gasp leaves my mouth. For I view the sharpest and the most amazing jawline I have ever seen with a light stubble. He comes closer and bends down. I tremble with fear and something else. He is inches  away from me and I look into his eyes. That's when I realize it!

"Mate!!!" Fiana squeals and I freeze of shock. His face shows a similar shock as he stares into my eyes. His eyes, my God. They are ocean green but blue too, a blend of colors I can't actually describe. They darken as I look at him and a growl leaves his throat. He leans in closer to my neck and inhales my smell. I'm sure he would be disgusted. I was tied up in this furnace-like basement for hours. But apparently, my mate smells something different and moans in approval.

"Mine!" He growls and a stroke of pleasure runs down my body. I'm breathing hard and I can't focus on anything except his close proximity. I keep staring at his beautiful face and can't bring myself to look anywhere else. I had seen a few males in my entire life let alone someone so handsome.

"Guards! Bring the keys and unlock her." My mate barks and two guards come in immediately and unchain me. I immediately rub my sore wrists and flex my muscles. I look at him again and see him staring at my wrists, his eyes burning with pure rage.

"What is your name?" He asks and his voice sends another swirl of pleasure down my spine.

"Ar-Arabella." That's all I manage to get out of my mouth. He hums in approval and leans in again breathing my scent. I do the same and a strange sense of relief washes over me.

"I'm Xalvador." He says his mouth so close to my ear, I can feel his breath there.

"Xalvador," I say testing the name on my tongue and he growls, grabbing my waist, his head resting on my neck. It seems like minutes we stay like that and that gives me time to think.

Xalvador is my mate.

      Its like I'm registering the statement for the first time and I feel even more shocked than before. The Alpha of the Dark Moon is my mate. The monster I despise is my mate. No! I gather all my sanity and energy and pull myself back. Xalvador seems surprised at my actions but then its as if he realizes who I am too for the first time and his eyes harden. His jaw clenches and he stares at me.

"You are a rogue." He says, his voice lacing with disgust. I have heard things like this before but hearing him say it, hurts me. Of course! No Alpha would want their mate to be a rogue. A homeless rogue. And moreover even I don't want to be his mate and be with a monster like him. I move away from him. Being this close to him isn't letting me think.