Chapter 24 - The final Chapter!

©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BFFBNJ aka Brenda England

 **I have dedicated this chapter to my biggest fan, or at least that is what she says hehe! Thank you for the support it means a lot to me! GracieLendon**

Chapter 24

The Final Chapter

As If Life Couldn't Get Any Worse

“ZAPHIRRAAA, DAMN IT WHERE ARE YOU?!” Octavian continued to scream as he began to search the house.

As he entered the kitchen his eyes softened quickly. There sat Zaphira on the kitchen floor in front of the refrigerator with about fifteen blood bags scattered out around her and another attached to her fangs. A small smile escaped her lips as she looked up into her soul-mates eyes.

“I shry Ocvin I cnt rsp bcshe I had shu ag achd to my ips amd it shastes shoo shooo goot” Zaphira tried to say between her fangs and the blood bag.

“WHAT?” A small teasing smile managed to form on his lips and relief set in.

Zaphira reached over grabbing an empty blood bag and threw it at him jokingly.

I am sorry Octavian I couldn't respond because I had the bag attached to my lips and it tastes sooo.....soooo.....good.” Zaphira's soft voice spoke in Octavian's mind.

Octavian rushed to her side,quickly kneeling next to her and scooping her up into a warm embrace. “You scared the living hell out of me, when I woke and you weren't in the bed next to me Zaphira.”

I didn't mean to upset you. I....I just felt like I was starving to death and had to eat.” Her cheeks began to turn a soft shade of pink as she looked up at his brown eyes.

Octavian put his hands on her face cradling it, staring into those emerald eyes,” I thought I lost you for good Zaphira. Then I found you so when I woke and you weren't there, I thought someone had gotten to you again while I slept.”

Zaphira reached up, pulled the bag of blood from her fangs, and placed her hand on top of his one hand that was resting on her cheek. The love she had for her savior consume her. If he hadn't came along and found her, she surely would of died there. Her other wrist began to glow brightly, reaching up she pulled his wrist down next to hers. They shown so beautifully she could see almost as if it was being outlined in gold.

She glanced back up and that is when she spoke the words he longed to hear,”I love you Octavian.”

He scooped her up bridal style and walked back to the bedroom, leaving the mess of her now empty blood bags laying on the floor.

“I love you too Zaphira,” he paused as he place her gently on his bed, “and I intend of showing you just how much.”

** ** ** ** ** **

They made love all that afternoon and were resting when the door was loudly slammed open. There in the doorway stood a furious Dracula.

“I need for both of you to get dressed now. We need to speak!” He turned and walked away, leaving them to quickly throw on some clothes.

“Who the HELL WAS THAT!” Zaphira literally screamed at Octavian out of shock and concern. Whoever that person was they radiated power and knowledge.

“That my Dear is your father.”

“WHAT?!?” She began to pace back and forth. The first time I actually meet my father, he sees me laying in bed naked? Ugh, this could only happen to me. What am I going to say to him? I have so many questions. So much to say to him. Am I still angry at him for leaving me in the orphanage? Her mind raced and raced, trying to get a grip on her feelings.

“Baby, it is going to be okay.” Octavian walked over and took her into his arms. He could literally feel her panic through their now complete bond. “Come on, lets go see what he is so upset about,”reaching down he grabbed her hand and walked with her into the study where they found Dracula waiting.

“It is about time!” His anger literally rattled the room.

“We are sorry Sir,” Octavian lead them to the sofa where they both sat down.

The entire time Zaphira was looking at her father. Really looking at her father! He was a tall man with jet black hair, his body was built of muscle tone, and lines creased his forehead and concern showed in his face. Zaphira guessed it could be said he was attractive. It was no wonder her mother fell in love with him.

He paced the floor as if looking for words to say what he needed to say. He walked over to Zaphira and pulled him up out of the sofa and into a firm embrace. That is when he did something that was totally out of character for him. He kneeled in front of Zaphira and grabbed her hand, placing the palm onto his temple.

“Take what you need so you can understand and answer all of your questions, my child.” His tone was no longer of anger, it was soft and tender.

Zaphira reached into his mind in search for all the answers she needed to know. Why he left her at the orphanage? Did he love her mother? Had he watched over her? Did he wish he could have saved her mother?

All of the answers were ones that allowed her to understand that he truthfully had done everything to save her...to protect her. He had loved her mother and still did to this day. She was his soul-mate and it was hard for him to even continue to exist without her. Having the answers she needed she pulled out of his mind.

In a small whisper she spoke, “thank you.” She stared back at her father with a new feeling of relief and joy setting into her. SHE HAD A FATHER THAT LOVED HER.

I love you Zaphira”Dracula spoke into her mind.

“Now we have really pressing matters to discuss.” Dracula stood and walked over to the other chair and sat down.

“What is it Sir.” Octavian asked, reaching for Zaphira's hand.

“Anthea and Cezar have disappeared.” At just the mention of their names his eyes started to change into their deep red.

“WHAT?! You can't be serious.” Octavian stood up quickly, filled with fury he grabbed the coffee table and whipped it across the room, making the table break into tiny pieces.

“By the time I got to Cezar's his butler said that he had packed a back and that they were leaving town,” looking over at his daughter he could see her begin to hyperventilate, he walked over and pulled her up into his arms.”I wont let them come near you again Zaphira and when they try...we will be waiting!”

“When I get my hands on that piece of shit, I am going to rip him to shreds.” Octavian growled.

Zaphira pushed out of her fathers arms once her breathing had calmed and she was actually able to think. She took a deep breath and spoke to both of them. Looking from one to the other as she spoke.

“I am sure they will not be back, now that they know we are on to them.... I want to be trained to kill, because next time.....NEXT TIME they try to come for me I will kill them MYSELF!” He fists were balled up and fangs protruding. “LET THEM TRY! I DARE THEM!”

They both looked back at Zaphira with new eyes. She may have been an angel before but what they seen now was a heart of a warrior. They were going to make her into a force to be reckoned with!

THE END!

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

OK GUYS! SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? Did it end okay? Should I make a sequel?

Now that the book is done I am going to be going back through and doing some editing. Do you guys think I should enter into the watty awards?

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU THINK I DESERVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

XOXOXO Brenda