Chapter 11

Sorry for any major errors. I just wanted to get this posted.

©BFFBNJ aka Brenda M. England 2011

Please feel free to comment, vote or give advice if you see that I need work on something <3<3

 ------------------> This is a picture of Flora, Zaphira's mom before she died.

As If Life Couldn't Get Any Worse

Chapter 11

An entire week went by and Chloe didn't leave my side for more than 10 minutes at a time. I think she was afraid that I would try to hurt myself. Believe me the thought crossed my mind every moment of the day. Anything was better than reliving all these horrible memories that I had built into my head. I couldn't get the pictures out of my face of that monster touching me inappropriately.

Octavian had kept his word and stayed away from me. I had only seen him pass the bedroom very briefly from time to time or to come get Chloe for a few minutes to speak with her in regards to something they didn't want me to hear apparently. I had learned I was in his home and...his bedroom, but never once had he asked for his room back. I still thought he was a monster...he was related to Cezar after all.

I laid in bed day after day. Poor sweet Chloe tried so hard to get me to snap out of it. I finally confided in her what all had happened to me and she told me that Cezar would be punished. I didn't ask how, I just knew that I wanted him...dead...gone...some where but anywhere near me.....monster.

This was one of those moments when Chloe had stepped out of the bedroom to only return with two blood bags in her hand. She had been trying to feed me and I had refused every time. I could see the worry and concern in her eyes. I was so weak and drained, no energy left in my body.

“Sugar you have to eat. You are killing yourself.” Chloe couldn't stop herself any longer, she wept. “I don't want to make you eat Zaphira but I will if I have to.”

Fury and anger surged through my veins..no ONE was going to make me do anything ever..again! I narrowed my eyes at her, the predator side of me coming out.

“You will not make me do ANYTHING.. no one will EVER again.” I growled back at Chloe.

“If this is the way it has to be Zaphira it will be.” She took her nail and cut her wrist making the blood poor out on the blankets. “We will die together then Zaphira. I lost you once and I will NOT lose you again.”

I watched in horror as Chloe's life essence poured out on to the sheets and bed. “What are you doing?” I crawled towards her and began to lap my tongue over her wound trying to heal it. “You can't do this.”

“It is my choice Zaphira, as is living for you. I choose to die along side you, rather than live another minute without...” Chloe stopped before finishing.

My heart raced from the blood that I had ingested of Chloe's, I reach out and grabbed the blood bags, puncturing it with my teeth. As I guzzled down the bags one by one a smile came across Chloe's face. I couldn't let anyone die because of me. That surely would make me just as big of a monster as that Cezar. He intentionally hurt people and I would never do that.

I began to feel better but it was only enough blood to make me sustain living. I knew I needed much more to be healthy again.

“I will go get you some more,” and she walked out of the room.

Up until those brief moments it had not occurred to me that maybe Chloe was....a vampire too? I shook my head not wanting to believe it. In the pit of my stomach I knew that I was right. I thought back to the dorms and how she always disappeared during the day, only returning in late afternoon or early evenings.