Chapter 21

©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BFFBNJ aka Brenda England

Sorry for the delay in posting the next chapter. I almost thought no one wanted to read it til I had someone say to hurry and post the next Chapter so they have been my motivation. It is nice to know someone else has enjoyed it.

This is dedicated to the person who motivated me by a simple post <3 Spectrum123! Thanks for making my day =)

Please excuse any major errors.

As If Life Couldn't Get Any Worse

Chapter 21

After a short time Octavian was able to compose himself and stop crying. The problem now was he was furious. He began to pace back and forth in the parking lot of the park, trying to wrack his brain. Who would seriously be that stupid to kidnap or kill Dracula's daughter?

“Someone had to have been waiting for Zaphira to leave the house. What is the chances of her getting captured the very first day she leaves without us,” Octavian mumbled angrily.

“You know it has to be your brother. He has had a thing for Zaphira since she has came to town and started going to school here. “ Chloe too stood up and spoke, hands balled up into fists. “I am going to kill him myself Octavian.”

“You know how they frown upon one of us killing another without proof of a wrong doing,” he shook his head. “As much as I would like to do the same we have to find proof he has her first.”

Protectively, Chloe snapped in response, “ Maybe you just want to spare your brother.”

“Chloe that is ridiculous. You know how I feel about Cezar AND..more importantly how I feel about Zaphira.”

“Does Cezar know she is your mate?” If he knew that Octavian was his mate than he could use it against him and possibly lose Zaphira for life.

“Okay so..” she paused, thinking,”so is it safe to assume that the only ones to know are us and her father?”

“Yes, you are correct in assuming that we are the only ones that know but I have yet to speak to her father about us being soul mates.” With lines of worry stitched across his forehead he blurted, “we are wasting time Chloe. Meet me back at the house, I am going to go see her father.”

“You expect me to just go sit and wait?” she shook her head no, “not working for me sorry, I am her protector.. Her father is going to have my head on a platter if she dies and... and I could never live with myself either.” Tears began to fill her eyes with worry and concern for her friend.

“Fine! You can come with but don't speak unless spoken to.. “ he grabbed Chloe's hand. “You know the drill.”

In hyper-speed he zoomed them to the front door of Dracula's castle, dreading what he now know he needed to do. He had to tell the oldest vampire in the world that his daughter had been kidnapped. Maybe he could help them in some way he hoped.

Octavian reached up and was about to ring the doorbell when Dracula's butler answered the door. “He has been expecting you.”

That could only mean one thing, he already knew Zaphira was taken. He glanced over at Chloe without speaking and nodded for her to proceed. A loud bang sounded when the door closed behind them. Having a house made of old stone tended to make the castle seem empty and hallow. It even echoed when you spoke. Still holding Chloe's hand he felt her shudder and gave her hand a small squeeze to assure her things were going to be okay.

“Right this way Sir.” The butler signaled for them to follow him into the parlor.

The scene they walked into was none other than normal for Dracula. He was perched up on a red velvet chair with three naked human females around him. Two of them were new females since the last time he had been to see Dracula. The first was a blonde and she was sitting between his legs, literally pawing at him. Kind of how a kitten purrs and paws for attention. Another was a brown short haired human that sat to his right, with her head on his shoulder. The third and last female with the long brown hair was kneeling by his side literally lapping Dracula's wrist with her tongue trying to clean up dried blood. She was the one that Octavian had seen repeatedly by Dracula's side. Oddly enough she kind of resembled Zaphira's mother. Pathetic humans Octavian thought.