Chapter 9

©BFFBNJ aka Brenda M. England 2011

As If Life Couldn't Get Any Worse

Chapter 9

The week went by in a cloud for Zaphira. She just kept on hoping that Cezar would finally get tired of her and kill her. Knowing that monster had taken her innocence  totally broke her down, leaving her cold and numb from head to toe.

A day didn't go by that Cezar didn't take what he wanted. He definitely wasn't lying when he said she would be his. He raped her repeatedly through the week and fed her blood continuously. Sad part was she was managing to survive off of the blood and even crave it.

When Cezar would give her blood and not damn near drain her, she would notice her senses heightened. She could hear things from outside. She laid there wallowing in self pity when, his mistress, Anthea came into the room. Zaphira already knew that the woman despised her.

She walked towards the bed where Cezar had left her handcuffed to the bed. The look on Anthea's face was one of complete and utter disgust.

She closed her eyes for a split second and by the time she had reopened them Anthea was towering over her. Zaphira curled up and tried to move away from her. Through slanted eyes she snatched Zaphira up by the neck, lifting not only her, but the entire bed with her.

“You tramp... have ruined everything. I should kill you right fucking now. “ She held her up,legs dangling, making her feel like her arms were going to be pulled out of their sockets.

“Please stop. I don't want this anymore than you do. Just...just set me free and I won't tell anyone I promise.” Zaphira pleaded with her, hoping maybe deep down in her soulless self, she had some pity for her.

“What is it he sees in you anyway?” She let Zaphira go and the bed crashed to the floor.

“I..I don't know.” There was no way I was going to tell her my blood was intoxicating to him. That would surely be the only ammunition she would need to drain me dry.

She squinted, “So, he says your blood is intoxicating, does he?”

How the hell did she know that? Shit.. shit...shit.. she heard my thoughts.

“YES, you moron I heard your thoughts.” walking around the bed like she was stalking her newest prey. “Maybe I will just have a taste.”

That's when she pounced on her and began to dig her fangs into Zaphira's neck. She yelped as pain shot down her neck. This was it, this was the time she was going to die. She could feel her body getting weaker and she waited for it to be finally over. She welcomed it. Anything would be better than living like this anymore.

She heard the bedroom door crash open and Cezar was on top of Anthea. He pulled her of with a struggle. “You dumb bitch. I told you to stay away from her.” With a thud her back hit the wall and in mere seconds she was flying towards Cezar.