Chapter 18

©all rights reserved BFFBNJ aka Brenda M. England

Any copying or duplicating of any kind is an infringement of this.

**Make sure you comment and vote guys please if you feel the story deserves it**

hope ya enjoy the story <3

As If Life Couldn't Get Any Worse

Chapter 18

Zaphira yawned and stretched her arms out over her head in the bed. ..YAWN. The memories of last night came rushing back to her. Eyebrows scrunched up she was almost worried it was all just a dream.. BUT that thought was easily replaced when she seen Octavian came out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

He was freshly showered, water still glistened off of his skin. She looked at him in awe. His soft curls were damply laying around the front of his face. He really was freaking hot! Not just a little hot but eat you up gorgeous hot. A small smile played across his lips as he realized she was staring at his chest and abs.

Zaphira cheeks began to burn a bright rosy color. She covered her face with embarrassment only peaking out over the blankets, worried on how Octavian would react.

He walked to the edge of the bed and let the towel drop and crawled onto the bed. With lust filled eyes he came towards her, crawling across the bed on his knees.

Zaphira's mouth was almost salivating as she stared at him. Part of her wanted to just stare at him and the other part wanted to run away screaming her full head off. Instead she just sat there, covered from head to toe with the comforter, only peaking over at him. Her heart raced and moistness began to gather between her legs.

“Good morning beautiful,” he spoke as he neared her face.

In a matter of seconds Octavian could see every emotion cross over her face...fear...lust...worry..concern..excitement. He gave her a reassuring smile and leaned in to place a small kiss on her forehead. That was the only thing he could see over the top of the blanket. Well that or her beautiful green eyes but he couldn't kiss those.

She couldn't seem to peel her eyes away from Octavian's body, it came out as only a squeak. “Good morning Octavian.”

“Why don't you lower that blanket Zaphira? I promised you that I would never hurt you and I meant it.”

She narrowed her eyes, surely trying to decide if she should do it or not. Zaphira finally gave in, lowering the blanket and wrapped it under her armpits. She nibbled at her lower lip nervously in anticipation for what was going to happen now.

Octavian reached up and ran the back side of his hand down her soft cheeks. He didn't move in on her, just laid his head on the pillow next to hers.

Open your mind to me Zaphira.

“What the hell was that?” She asked him before continuing on,”Did you just talk to me in my head?”

He nodded. Octavian just sat there waiting to see if she would accept this. He knew she had finally began to accept him and what they were, otherwise he wouldn't even been able to enter her mind telepathically. That only happens once soul-mates began accepting each other and truly falling in love. Only thing he worried about is if it was enough and if she would get scared again.

She rolled over on to her side so she could look at him in his eyes, reaching over wrapping his hand in hers. She inhaled deeply before responding.

“How can you do that?”

“Well...your mind, body and soul has finally started to accept me” he explained.

Zaphira's heart was racing, she could feel her blood rushing through her body. She was excited? She could talk to Octavian in his mind?

“How do you do it? I want to learn.” She smiled at Octavian.

Octavian felt himself let out a huge breath in relief. He must have been holding his breath all that time. I guess its a good thing he didn't really need to breath.

“Okay. I can teach you but you have to trust me.”

Could she trust him? Like really trust him? He slept in her bed the entire night and never once tried to do anything and here he was laying nakedly on her bed, gorgeously I might add, and hasn't even tried any thing.

“Okay Octavian, I will try to trust you.” with her head hung low, “ but it isn't going to be easy for me.”

“That is fine, beautiful Zaphira. As long as you are trying, you will see that I have only your best interest at heart.”

“Okay.”She nodded at him and her cheeks flushed just a bit, “but could you put some pants on or something because I am not going to be able to concentrate with you looking..I mean with you naked on my bed.”

A small chuckle left Octavian's lips, “you mean to tell me you don't want to stare at my naked hotness?”

“No that isn't what I said, now is it? I said I couldn't concentrate with you like that.” She gave him a small shove trying to get him to move.

“OK OK! I am moving,” he laughed some more as he got off the bed and walked over to his dresser pulling out some boxers and sweats.

Zaphira couldn't take her eyes off of him. She knew she should turn away but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. He seriously was edible. His ass was round and totally worth latching on to. Maybe one day I will get to grab it. She knew that if she truly wanted to grab it now he would let her but she just wasn't ready for that kind of stuff...yet.

Like what you see beautiful Zaphira?

She tried to focus and see if she could figure this telepathic stuff out. Her eyebrows scrunched together as she focused.

Octavian walked back to the bed after clothing his bottom half of his body. Sitting down on the edge of the bed by where Zaphira was laying. She rolled over to face him.

You are trying too hard dear. Relax and just talk to me, without opening your mouth.

She tried to relax and allow herself to do this. It was a lot harder than she imagined. She stared at his head, as if that was going to help.

Trust me Zaphira and open your mind. Relax and just speak, it is no different than speaking. Only good thing is that no one can hear us and we can speak from a long distance.

Wait! She smiled.

Yes Zaphira, you have got it!!!

So, I will be able to talk to you if I am at school or something? She asked him in her mind.This was cool, she thought!

Yes, but the only time that you wont be able to do that is in the mid day sun. We are at our most vulnerable time then.

This is kind of cool Octavian. She grinned from ear to ear. So you are saying that no matter where we are in the world if I need you all have to do is talk to you?

Yes it is my beautiful Zaphira. Now if you are ever in trouble again we will be able to speak to each other. This is but one other thing that would make it so we weren't able to speak this way and that would be if someone drugs you or I.

She felt a sense of relief fall off her shoulders. She would never been alone and scared again.

Thank you Octavian. This is wonderful.

She threw herself into his embrace. She felt so relieved. Maybe just maybe things could work out for them after all.

* * *

Ok guys so what did ya think? Please make sure to vote and comment on every chapter if you loved them! What do you guys think will happen now? Is her life finally going to get better?

XOXOX <3 Brenda