Memories of a Lost City: Part Seven

After Leon and Claire made their way up to the blast furnace, the same metallic voice repeated, "Warning. A safety hazard has been detected in the power room. Please rectify the cause immediately."

"Leon, we're really out of time." Claire reminded as Leon continued to look below, reluctant to leave. Seeing that Leon did not want to leave, Claire continued, "You stay here and I'll go get Sherry's vacc-" her sentence was interrupted by Leon as he suddenly suddenly snapping out of his state.

"It's too dangerous. I'll go with you." he said.

"Thanks." Claire obliged, walking to the door they came from just now.

"Let's do this." Leon continued as he moved along. 

As the robotic voice kept repeating the same sentence over and over again, Claire said, "I don't know what's going on, but I don't think time is on our side."  They opened the door, they took a step back, totally shocked as they looked at the corridor. How did a horde of zombies gather at the corridor so fast? They shot at every one of them at their heads, exploding their heads as blood splattered from their heads. As they moved into the area, Claire looked behind, trying to check if there was any more of them behind. They were about to turn to the right when moaning sounds were heard as it was heard through the whole corridor. Both of them knew: zombies were near. They turned to the right and looked. Nothing except for bodies lying around. They moved slowly, facing them and trying not to trip on them so that they do not alert them. As they continued to move cautiously, a creaking sound was heard and zombies fell from the top! Leon flinched, yelling in shock.

"Outta my way! Move!" Leon shouted angrily, shooting as they stood up. One of the zombies lunged towards him as Leon tried to take a shot. The zombie fell back as Leon shot it, causing it to fall back and he blasted their heads off before they had a chance to recover. Claire moved forward as the zombies woke up after all the noise they made.  Realising that they would waste more time fighting them, they ran to the escalator, only to be blocked by two more zombies, staggering around. Slowly but with deadly precision, they burst their heads again as the lack of time drove them to kill them as fast as possible.

"Leon, they're coming from behind, too!" Claire warned. Leon turned back as a horde of them appeared, walking towards them. Leon fired a few bullets at them before rushing towards the lift, hoping that it would at least temporary stop them.

"Great! Do I really have to waste my bullets on you guys?!" Leon shouted furiously as the horde came faster than expected. As the elevator opened, the duo immediately entered the lift, punching the button. It closed behind them, leaving the zombies to walk around as they decended. Claire looked around impatiently while Leon leaned, taking a break from all the action.

"I wonder if Sherry's alright..." Claire uttered worriedly.

"She ran all the way here and did look fine. Look... It won't take much longer. She'll be alright." Leon assured her wearily.

"Yeah... I guess." Claire said as they reached the same area again. They made their way to the platform again when another bunch of zombies came running at them. Leon sighed. It was irritating when they were running out of time and all they did was to hinder their objectives. As a zombie lunged at Leon, he bandished out a knife and slashed it. The zombie staggered backwards as the force was too great for it to handle. The zombies fell to their knees one by one. Slowly but cautiously, they turned to the right and realised that there were no zombies around.

"We need to find the entrance to the lab." Claire reminded as they were back to square one.

"Yeah. Let's go." Leon said as they moved to the platform just now. "We're running out of time."