Game Of Oblivion: Part 7.1

Leon recalled how tough it was just to track Chris down. He was near impossible to track down after the mansion incident. It was only because he became a secret agent that he found Chris. Even Claire was a ghost herself. It forced him to serach for Claire and eventually, he remembered finding out about her confinement in Rockfort island. As soon as he got hold of the information, he told Chris straight away and Chris asked him to arrange a rescue mission right away before he went to find Claire.

"Claire!" a voice spoke in her world of darkness. Claire felt a force jerking her shoulder, getting her out of her unconsciousness. Claire moaned, trying to open her eyes. All the energy that she lost was regained when she managed to see the figure properly.

"Chris!" Claire spoke with delight, getting on her knees and hugging him. Finally, she had found her brother and she was definitely glad that Chris was not dead. Chris Redfield gave her a reassuring pat on her back. 

"I've been so worried!" Claire spoke.

"You kidding me?" Chris asked in surprise. "I thought girls like you didn't get worried?" With that, he patted her head to calm her down. Quedtions ran into her brain the moment she saw him.

"What happened? How did you get here?" Claire asked quickly, unable to hold them in her mind anymore.

"Leon contacted me," Chris told Claire as soon as she finished her sentence.

"Leon...?!" she spoke with surprise. "You know him?"

"Yeah. He tracked me down after you went missing," Chris continued to speak and gripped her by her shoulders. "Look... Claire, we can talk about this later but we gotta get out of here first,"

"Wait... Steve... He's here, somewhere," Claire told Chris, her voice getting more worried. "We can't leave without him!" Suddenly, her eyes glanced to somewhere else, causing Chris to look at the cause of the distraction. A girl was laughing hysterically at the second floor. The duo stood up at face her. "You're Alexia Ashford...!" she cried out in shock.

The girl was in her 20s, dressed in a purple dress like some princess in medival times. "Oh, you know my name," she spoke with surprise. In it was a hint of exaxeration.

"I thought you were dead!" Claire hissed at her, unable to believe that she was alive when she was supposed to be dead.

"No..." she corrected Claire. "I've just been hybernating for fifteen years to become one with the Veronica virus,"

"The Veronica virus?" Claire asked. 

"I still have some experiments to perform. Would you care to play along?" she asked with an innocent voice. "Your friend awaits you in the Coliseum. You don't want to be late," With that, she giggled and walked away from the scene.

"Hey, stop!" Claire yelled at Alexia but to no avail. The next moment, Claire spun to her left, her gun pointing towards a horde of zombies.

"Let's go after her instead," Chris suggested to Claire as he ran up the stairs. Claire followed suit, shooting at the horde a few times before catching up with him.

The duo ran towards their left straight away since the staircase at the right was broken. Suddenly, the earth shattered and tentacles which dragged Claire just now popped out from the holes. Both Chris and Claire stopped and opened fire at it.

"Chris, watch out for the tentacles!" Claire warned as they shot the tentacles. Chris shot the tip of the tentacles and it swung around in pain for a moment before it stopped doing so. Chris had difficulty shooting it since it kept moving around but in the end, he took it down. The tentacle collapsed onto the stairs, blocking the horde from moving up and get them.