Game of Oblivion: Part 1

Claire ran out of the prison cell, her eyes glanced desperately from left to right as she looked around. She have stepped into the cemetry. She sighed, relieved that she escaped the prison cell but she still realised that she was not out of danger yet. The bombers were flying as they zipped past the prison cell on top, blasting on everything that they could. Most of the buildings were badly damaged and have broken into nothing but debris. She managed to escape when a zombie attacked a man that was escorting her to a truck and that was when she took his pistol and ran. As she continued to look around, a panting of a man was heard. Claire looked at the source of the noise as she slowly and stealthily walked towards the area. Another guard? A man was standing at the cemetry, idling at the cemetry as he also looked as confused as her, finding a way to get out of here. Neverless, Claire crept behind him, taking the first few steps sneakily so that he would not hear her. As she got closer, she forced the barrel of the gun at his back. He panicked immediately, raising his hands with another pistol on his right.

"Wait! I wasn't trying to escape! I just..." he explained as he continued to raise his hands. "The alarm sounded and the door unlocked. I thought... that I..." Before he could finish his sentence, Claire interrupted.

"Rockfort Prisoner, detainne 267," she continued calmly as she rubbed the barrel of the gun from left to right, word to word. "I guess you're not with Umbrella then, aren't you?" She pointed the gun away from him and introduced herself. "I'm Claire Redfield,"

"Damn girl, you scared me," he swore as he tried to glance, trying to turn his head but turned back again when he was greeted with the barrel of her pistol again.

"Eyes forward," she demanded as she pointed the gun at him again, forcing him to turn back. "So, what's your name?"

"My name's Steve," he replied, his hands wtill up in the air. He turned back as he heard the click of the gun that faded away. Claire smiled, knowing that she have found a reliable partner. That was when she got a clear look of Steve. He was wearing a yellow shirt inside with a blue coat and wore army green pants. His hair was blond and his eyelid was blue.

"You don't look like one of them, Claire," he spoke, amazed as he faced her. He probalby thought he was the only "sensible" person left. "They get you, too?"

"Yeah, you could say that," she replied as they looked around for another alternative route.

"What's happening on this island?" he asked Claire, wondering if she had any idea.

"Someone must have attacked... Caused a biohazard," she replied as they realised that they were still standing in the middle of the cemetry, the stone walls and tablets were surrounding them.

"Biohazard?" he asked again, totally oblivious to the term. A brief silence hung in the air before Claire started to reply as they looked around. The main gate was in front of them and there was nobody on top guarding the gates.

"I don't have time to explain everything. Let's just get out of here," Claire continued as she walked away from him.

"Well, feel free to leave. No one's stopping you," Steve replied as he faced Claire when he jumped at the sight of another of these "things", staggering towards them. Its skin was peeled off from its arms, leaving it a gruesome and bloodly sight. "What the...?!" he shouted in horror. More appeared as they crawled out from the ground. "What the hell's going on here?! Why are they after us?!"

"Look... You got two choices here, kill or be killed, your call." Claire warned Steve, sounding as if she was a professional in killing them. Claire knew that these were zombies from her last encounter. Another crawled up from the grave just behind them, nearly grabbing their legs as Claire kicked the zombie.