Memories of a Lost City: Part Two

Both of them looked inside the police station. It is totally deserted and abandoned. As they continued to move, Claire saw a police officer, leaning on the fountain. "Look! Who is that?" she asked. They sprinted to the person, hoping he is still surviving.

"Hey! You ok?" Leon asked.

However, both of them took a step back as the police officer pulled out his gun and demanded, "Who the hell are you?"

"Don't shoot! We're human!" Leon said.

Th police officer placed his weapon and continued in bated breathe, "Oh...the rookie. You like your welcome party? Nice surprise, huh?"

Leon became more baffled as he heard the police officer's words. He bend down beside him and asked, "Who are you?"

"Marvin Branagh. I'm the guy who's supposed to be your boss." he explained.

"You need a doctor." Claire said as she looked at his injuries. His abdomen is exposed and he is bleeding.

"No, don't worry about me. You gotta' go and help the other." Marvin refused.

"But-" Claire objected. Before she could continue, the police officer interrupted her words.

"Just go! Now!" he insisted in bated breathe, groaning as the pain got the better of him.

"Alright. But we'll be back." Leon said as he stood up. They turned to a door on their right and opened it, leading them to the office. "Hello? Anyone there?" Leon asked. No response.

As they move through the office, Claire noticed another bowgun lying around and she took it. When they were about to open the door, Claire saw something crawling against the walls outside. "What was that?" she asked.

As they opened another door in the office, Leon looked in horror, his jaws dropped while Claire trambled in horror and fear as they move thorugh the corridor. It is filled with blood, especially the walls. "What is this?" Leon asked as he walked through the bloodied corridor. The blood on the floor led to somewhere else.

"No... My god..." Claire gasped as she was scared stiff at the sight of the corridor.

"There's something here." Leon warned as they continued to move. Claire continued walking, taking very big breaths, too traumatised when she saw more blood on the floor. It looked like someone was dragged about, leaving a trail. As they moved on, the window behind them cracked. Claire turned behind and out of nowhere, something jumped on her. Too terrified, she lost her balance and fell to the ground. She stood up and looked around, glancing around the area.

"Claire! Are you alright?!" Leon asked as he rushed up to help her on her feet. "Where did it go?!"

As they looked around, Claire saw a droplet of water, dripping on the floor and as she looked onto the ceiling, she moved back at the sight of the monster and shouted, "What was that?!" The monster is of a human size, its skin colour is like a human flesh and its brain is of a human brain which is visible. It also has a long tongue.

"Up there!" Leon shouted pointing to that thing as they ran away from it. Another fell onto the floor through the air ventilation system as they attempted to evade it. "Let's go! We better get out of here quick!" she said as she ran towards the nearest door in front of them.

As they slammed the door shut behind them, they looked back, hoping that they lost them. They continued to move further into the corridor. Claire moved back, daunted by the zombies' hands that are popping out from the barricaded window. As they moved as far away from the window as possible, Leon assured, "It's alright. The barricade's holding."