Memories of a Lost City: Part one

September 1998, Racoon City

Leon Scott Kennedy, in his police uniform, looked in horror as Racoon city is engulfed with zombies. What in world happen? He only remember that he slept late and is unable to go to work until night time. Ironically, that seems to be the best mistake he made in his life.

Leon walked around when suddenly looked at a few of them walking towards a girl. This girl does not seem to be one of them though. Leon charged towards her, shooting the zombies as they fell one by one. The girl turned at him and looked, totally confused at this situation. 

"Get down!" Leon ordered. In an instant, she crouched onto the floor and Leon fired a shot at a flaming zombie. It fell onto her and she wrestled it easily. Suddenly, she took out a knife and shouted," Move!" The next thing she did is to throw it. It flew past Leon and it hit another zombie that is staggering towards him.

"Not bad." Leon commented on her knife-throwing skills.

"I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!" she exclaimed. As Leon went over to retrive the knife, he noticed something else about this knife: this is a knife belonging to S.T.A.R.S. and S.T.A.R.S is an elite special force team in Racoon city.

"S.T.A.R.S... a special force issue huh?" he asked.

"It's my brother's. That's why I am here... to find him." she replied. As he walked towards her, she introduced, "I'm Claire Redfield."

"Hey, Leon Kennedy." he also introduced as he passed the knife back to her.

As they looked around again, Claire asked, "So... what exactly is going around here?"

"No clue. I just got here myself." Leon replied.

She sighed and said, "Well then I guess I shouldn't rely on you to show me about."

Leon tried his radio but is only greeted by static. "Damn it. I cannot get a signal on this thing either." he said in fustration. Leon turned to her and continued, "Hey, let's go over to the police station. We should be able to find out something there."

"Right. It could blow up any minute." she said as she looked at a overturned burning truck. "Let's go."

As they started walking, out of curiosity, Leon asked, "What's your brother's name?"

"Chris. Chris Redfield." she answered.

Leon suddenly pulled out his gun out and pointed somewhere to her left. Claire, confused byLeon's sudden actions, pulled out her gun and asked, "What?!" She turned and was shocked when a zombie nearly attacked her.

However, they soon found themselves in a predicament: more zombies are making a semi-circle formation, trapping them in the semi-circle. "Where are they all coming from?!" Leon looked at the horde as they kept shooting them.

"Oh no! They're over here too!" Claire shouted in horror.

As they moved to the left, Leon spotted an alley. "Claire, this way!" he beckoned.

Both of them lunged into the alley. All they wanted to do is to get away from the horrifying zombies. However, both of them meet a dead end. Leon attempted to open the door in front of them but to no avail. It is a dead end. "Shit, it won't open." Leon swore, his tone shows how desperate he is now. "Get back!" he shouted. 

Claire turned back and fell to the ground. The zombies were just right behind her! She fired a few shots at it as she attempted to recover from the shock. "Get away from me!" she shouted in desperation.