Game Of Oblivion: Part 6.2

The duo turned at the intersection, going through a door. They looked at the room in horror. That was where they went into moments ago but this time, they were at the bottom floors. The pitch-black room was greeting them with a sinister motive behind.

"Claire, look up. This is the room we saw earlier," Steve reminded Claire, now urgent as he wondered if he could deal with the fiends.

"This looks like where they sort baggage," Claire commented. However, her voice had aroused some zombies and soon enough, they were walking towards the duo. They fend off the zombies, gunning them down one by one.

The duo walked on, trying to make their way out with their flashlight as their only source. Both of them felt something darting from one side to another from behind and they swung around. Behind them, there was only the stone walls. Steve looked up to the platform and looked below the machine, unconvinced that  there was nothing.

"Looks like someone's too shy to come out..." Steve commented. 

The duo stormed out of the room. That was an adrenaline rush for them since they had to deal with so many zombies and creatures. 

"Wow! We're out!" Steve exclaimed, happy to see light at their side now.

"Are we outside?" Claire asked, somehow unconvinced. She seemed as if she was dreaming. She was only convinced when a gust of cold air touched her skin. "It's colder here," she commented.

The duo walked carefully. There were no railings and if they fall, they will be dead soon enough because they could not even seen what was below. Only cold white mists shrouded below.

"How deep is this thing?" Steve wondered as he looked below, feeling his heart thumping. Claire tried to turn the knob but it was locked.

"This one's locked," Claire informed Steve.

A thumping noise made is crescendo, startling the duo. Steve pointed to a door on top despite the thumping noise.

"Look! There's another one!" Steve exclaimed.

The duo walked up the platform to get there. The thumping noise stopped. Something was wrong.

"Watch out!" Claire screamed.

Steve saw a crane's arm rushing towards him, threatening to crush Steve but he lunged forward and landed on the floor clumsily. The impact had left the metal railings dent. Embarrassing himself was better than being killed. Steve climbed back to his feet, still shocked. He had a question in mind but that was answered when a voice spoke, echoing around.

"I'm surprised you made it this far," Alfred's voice spoke. He either spoke out of pure surprise or out of sarcasm. The arm moved, whirling to life once more.

"Screw you, you crazy bastard!" Steve bellowed., cursing at Alfred.

"Game over!" he yelled.

"You're damn right it is! This ends now!" Steve continued to scream. Anger propelled him, making him more agile. It had sent him running for cover.

"It will soon be time for the Queen's awakening!" Alfred continued, his voice sounding like a maniac now.

"The Queen?" Claire asked, bewildered.

"You've reached the end of the maze, my rats!" Alfred hissed instead, ignoring Claire's question.

The duo saw Alfred next, holding his sniper rifle and hiding behind the metal railings. The duo raised their guns now, ready to spray the bullets at Alfred. The duo grazed Alfred, sending him back to cover.