Memories of a Lost City: Part Five

Note: Youtube Video available. But these are not mine.

As Claire managed to make her way to the sewers, she saw Leon, staggering and groaning in pain as he struggled to walk.

"Leon!" she shouted as she ran towards him. Seeing the wound in his shoulder, she asked, "What happen?!"

"I got shot. There was a woman." Leon explained as he leaned onto the wall, trying to take a break.

"Wait, you mean..." Claire continued but Leon interrupted her, knowing what she would mention next.

"No, not Ada. She..." Leon continued as he stil recalled what happened a moment ago...

"Youre losing a lot of blood. Don't move. I've got to remove the bullet." Ada said as she tried to remove the bullet.

"Who was that?" Leon asked, curious about the incident just now. "She was about to kill you."

"That's my problem, not yours." she said coldly as she took the other instruments to cure him.

"Fine, don't tell me. But you better start working with me here, or we'll never make it out of this alive." he continued in bated breath. Seeing that Ada did not respond, he grabbed her hand and pleaded, "Please, Ada, I need your help. I can't do this alone."

"You're right." Ada agreed as she thought about it. "I'll help you." 

"Thanks." Leon obliged as he leaned onto the wall again.

"But first, we have to find the others." she said as she injected something into him. Leon became too sleeply and he heard her saying something before he fainted.

"Don't die, Leon. I owe you one."

"I guess she's on our side then. Lucky us." Claire said, happy that Ada was finally going to co-operate with them.

As they looked on ahead, they realised that the lights were faulty. They on their flashlights. Ahead of them is more water.

"Let's go. We need to find Sherry." she said as they proceeded. They walked on, the water splashed as they moved.

"Leon?" Claire asked.

"Yeah" he replied. "Come on!. Let's just find her and get out of here."

The area was so dark that even the lfashlight was unable to illuminate the whole area. "Pretty dark in here huh?" he commented.

"Yeah. Good thing we had a flashlight." she agreed. 

Moans echoed in the sewers as they moved forward. "There's something in here. Listen!" he warned as they proceeded. Within seconds, a group of them showed up, charging at them. "They're coming!"

"Yeah!" she replied, shooting their heads off. As the group was eliminated, a croaking sound was heard behind them. "Wait, is that...?" she uttered as she turned back. An emornous frog, which is a bout 50 times bigger, tried attack them but missed as they dodge their tongue. "A frog?!"  she shouted as they opened fire. 

"It's some kind of monster!" Leon shouted as the monster laid dead. They turned back and continued to sprint. They knew that this area is dangerous with the water source and  it would worsen with the darkness around them.

Leon leaned onto a wall next to another sewer so as to ensure that there would not be any monster in this area. "Better be careful in this water for now." he cautioned.

"If they croaked, at least we would have some fair warning." Claire told Leon. They searched the sewer. It did not seem to be of any threat to them at least.