Chap. 8

*Judy's P.O.V*

I wake up with a loud yawn. I look at the cream colored walls and jump up. How did I...Nick must have carried me up here. Oh good. I get up and go through my usual morning routine. I quickly whip up a bowl of Nick's favorite cereal, Honey Hoops with added fresh blueberries and cream. It's in a weird way really good. Halfway through my bowl, Nick comes down and flashes me a lopsided grin that sends butterflies through my stomach. Why I don't know. He takes a seat on one of our plush dining chairs and I push a bowl of cereal towards him. He grabs a spoon and digs in.

"Aren't you gonna say good morning? I say, smiling.

"Good-munch-morning," He says between bites. "what are we doing today?" He asks.

"Well, we have work and then the stake out." I answer. I finish my cereal and get up to go to my room. I change into my standard work clothes. So does Nick. He drives us to the ZPD Headquarters in our cool, new, black, and fast jeep-like car.

*TIMESKIP*

After a feverish day of people running around, trying to get news about the missing daughter, we are finally called into the chief's office around us are the other animals helping us; a tiger, an elephant, a mongoose, a monkey, a mouse, and Katrina. They introduce themselves as Tim Tiverton, Ellen Geot, Miles Derest, Zeo Banané and Maya Mousse. They all look friendly yet dignified. We grab some weapons of our choice. I take a gun and a deadly looking knife with a three-inch blade. We all exit the ZPD, planning. It's about six, but since it's Autumn, it's already quite dark and cold. My teeth chatter and I curse myself for not bringing a heavier jacket.

"Here," says Nick, ranging me a soft fleece jacket. I instantly grab the jacket and put it on over my way too light blue police jacket. It's Nick's size, so it goes all the way down to my knees. "I knew that you'd forget how cold it is today."

"Thanks." I say, giving him a hug. It warms me up, even more than the two jackets do. I let out a sigh.

Suddenly a voice calls out, "Hey lovebirds, are ya done yet? We kind of have a mission to accomplish." It's Ellen. No doubt Katrina has already told them about my so-called 'crush' on Nick.

"Erm...yeah, okay." Nick breaks away the hug and a look on his face passes, with...reluctance? It must be my imagination. We all split up into twos. I'm with Katrina, which is no problem. Maya's with Ellen, Nick is with Miles, and Tim is with Zeo. We hide in the bushes, at the apparent location of where Judy Junior was taken. I love Judy II, even though she is a mouse. She was so cute and sweet. An exact replica of me. At least that's what Nick says. As I'm crouching behind a bush, I ask Katrina about her date with Filié McBird.

"It was nice; we watched Zangled, my all time favorite movie, had a yummy dinner and he flew me home. It was romantic." She says, sighing.

"That's great Kat! Are you gonna go on another date?" I question.

"I dunno. He's still got a problem with his old girlfriend, Serena Wingate. He doesn't like her, but she's still trying to get him back, although Serena cheated on him."

"Oh really? Isn't Serena an actor? Why would she still go after Filié?" I whisper.

"I dunno." Suddenly, we hear rustling.

"Should we go out and check?" Asks Maya.

"Yes, we should." Ellen replies. We four go out of our hiding spots, weapons at the ready. I look behind me and see shadows.

"There! Let's go!" I start to run towards the shadows. But before I can intercept the creatures, I hear a scream. It's Ellen. I see a gash on her leg. It's bleeding really badly. I leap towards her. But mid-leap, something hard hits my head. I fall on the brittle ground and watch the world fade to darkness.

*Hi! Dstarme here! Oooh sorry for the cliffhanger.😏😊😇 I just love 'em! Anyways, thank you guys so, so, soooo much for over 1k views! That's amazing! I'll update soon. Thanks again, bub-bye!😙*