Chap. 1

*Nearly Two Years After Judy Met Nick*

*Judy's Pov*

"You know you love me." Nick says with a sly grin. He does this each and every day.

"Do I know that? Yes, yes I do."

And each time I reply with a yes, no matter how angry or sad I am. "Do I know that? Yes, yes I do." Nick is currently driving us to the ZPD. I remember that I had to get Benjamin Clawhauser some donuts. He loves donuts.

"Hey, Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we stop by the bakery? I need to get Clawhauser his donuts."

"Sure. Why not? I've been wanting to have something sweet. Plus Finnick is still pissed at me for joining the force and taking so long to bail him out of jail last time."

I giggle as I remember how I thought that Finnick was just a harmless little kid until I saw him driving. Ever since Nick joined ZPD he's been kinda cold towards us. He still is, even though it's been more than a year. We stop by the bakery and end up buying a dozen glazed donuts, a small cake, and two iced cupcakes. Nick drops me off at the ZPD and tells me that he'll meet me at our apartment. Being next door neighbors, we spend a lot of time together. I give Ben the donuts, who gratefully thanks me. I do my normal activities, checking out different folders for the worst criminals. Soon I had a break. I was just enjoying a cup of tea and chatting with B. C. when Nick comes back.

"I thought that we were going to meet at home?" I ask quizzically.

"Yeah, but the mayor called me to pick you up. He wants to talk to both of us." We got a new mayor, who is actually Mr. Big. I drive us to his mansion. We say hi to Mr. Big's daughter Fru-Fru and her family. We walk to his office. Mr. Big sits on his tiny chair on his desk, his Polar Bears flanking him from his behind. I fidget on the rug, remembering the time he nearly iced us. If Fru-Fru hadn't remembered me, I would be a very frosty and frozen bunny. Mr. Big is already seated and was waiting for us. I realize that Chief Bogo is also present. I wave at him and he acknowledges our presence.

"You two must be wondering why I called for you two." We nod our heads. "As mayor of Zootopia, I have decided that since you two are already partners and best friends, you should now both live together to save the area for refugees."