Chapter 20: What Is Up Rue?

August

I have been pressing Rue about what was on her own for the past few weeks and she was not budging. She would get frustrated and just say she was alright but I know she is lying. At this point I decided I wasn't going to force her I was just hopeful she would tell me on her own when she was ready. I said that last week and now I was getting more concerned about her so I was taking matters into my own hands. I went over to her parents house to ask her dad just in case knew something.

"Wassup, Mr. Milian. Can you talk to you about something?" I asked after giving Rue's mother a hug and finally walking into his office.

"Sure son, what's going on?" He motioned for me to take a seat in a chair and I did just that.

"Did anything happen to Rue that you know of when she was younger?"

"Yeah, I guess she didn't tell you.. she was raped by someone years ago."

"What? And no she didn't tell me!" I was pissed off that she kept this from me.

"Well if it makes you feel better I know for a fact she didn't tell Michael either. Keep in mind that she was 16 and she didn't want anyone to know it scarred her."

"I understand that and I feel bad for her but she has been acting weird for the last few weeks now and I gave her many opportunities to open up."

"Oh really?" He questioned simply and at that point I know I was making this about me when it certainly wasn't.

"Well, I'm glad you told me this sir.. I will be going now." I stood up and gave me a simple alright as I left the room.

After I left his house I went straight home wanting to talk to Rue but of course with my luck when I got home she was gone and had left a note on the fridge.

Hey Babe, I had to make a quick run and the kids are over your moms house. I will be home in a few hours. I need to talk to you when I get back home.

I love you baby!

-Rue

I just hope this was the moment she would finally open up and tell me the truth.

Rue Milian

I have been talking to Dustin for the past few weeks just letting him explain things for some closure. But today he wanted to meet up with me. At first I was hesitant but I needed this for my peace of mind. I just hope he doesn't pull no fishy shit on me because I'm not 16 anymore.

I pulled up to the address he sent me and the house was pretty decent. I got out my car shuting the door behind me blowing out a sigh trying to get myself together as I walked to the front door. I knocked on the door and it almost immediately opened. I gave him a soft smile and stepped inside spotting a little boy sitting on the stairs and he looked just like Dustin only a shade lighter.

"I'm glad you came over Rue." Dustin shut the door and looked at the boy then back at me. "This is my son Dj. Dj this is pops friend Rue." Dj gave me a small wave and I returned the gesture before looking back at Dustin.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked curiously clapping my hands together.

"I just wanted to say sorry for what I did to you in the past.. I was young and stupid at the time. Now that I have a son that looks up to me it's been eating me up inside. I feel horrible for what I did. After that happened I never did it to another girl again." He said rubbed the back of his neck trying to not break our eye contact but he was nervous so his eyes looked to the floor from time to time.

"I accept your apology and I'm glad we had this talk Dustin.. I can't keep holding onto this."

"Yeah me too, but hopefully we can be friends?"

"We'll work on that but it would be nice Dustin."

"Well I don't want to keep you long so that's why I got straight to the point."

"I appreciate that Dustin.. And again thank you for owning up and apologizing." I said before walking over to his son giving him a hug goodbye and headed out the front door he had opened for me.

He watched me get into the car safely and I drove off heading back home. I knew by now August probably went to pick up the kids so I just went straight home. Now that I got my closure I knew it was time for me to tell August everything especially today's events. When I walked in the house the kids were asleep on top of blankets and August was in the kitchen shirtless wiping down the highchairs.

"Hey baby.."

"Hey Rue, so what did you want to tell me? I got your note."

"How can I say this.... when I was 16 I was raped by this guy name Dustin! And for the last few weeks we have been talking because I ran into him at the store but-" He cut me off slamming his hand on the countertop.

"Hold the fuck up! Let me get this straight.. You got raped by this man and you've been talking to him behind my back?"

"August! Let me fucking finish and you'll understand." I yelled over him and he shut up immediately. "Like I was saying before I got cut off... Today he wanted to talk about what happened when I was 16 and I accepted because I needed some closure. He told me a few things and apologized so I forgave him. Look, I am sorry I have been holding this in for so long I know we always tell each other secrets I just didn't know how to tell you and I wasn't ready to. I just hope you are not mad?" I reached out for his hand and he stared at mine before taking in into his.

"I'm not mad Rue...I just wanted to know what was going on. So while we are being honest I went and asked your dad and he told me what he knew. But honestly I'm glad you got your closure and that we can now get this past this."

"Yeah me too." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him relieved these secrets were now thrown on the table.