Chapter 3: Dinner!

Rue milian

It has only been a week and half since the break up with Michael. I did miss him we had grew to love on another. Well, I did anyway. But I was the type of person to just move on. But this time was different I felt that we really started to develop a history together that would knock out the bad. But what he did and how it has now ended was way too far. Like August said, I could have any guy in town but I was naïve weeks ago and stuck it out with Michael and look what happened, he cheated on me in the end.

He had been calling me everyday just about after I ended things with him. I just don't want to be bothered with him, it was over and I was still so angry. So every time he called I let that shit ring. He could call and text me all he wants but still was not going to answer or read ant of those texts.

I was now getting ready for school just thinking how I wanted to do my hair today. Yesterday I had my hair straightened so today I decided to just have it curly. I didn't feel like putting on make-up on I was still in a funk so after looking in the mirror I went downstairs and my dad down here already but was talking on the phone. About what? I don't know because I really don't pay attention due to still being half asleep in the mornings.

"Good Morning princess." My dad said kissing my head once he hung up his phone call.

"Good Morning Daddy." I smiled pouring some cheerios in my bowl. I was such daddy's girl.

"How about today we go out to eat? Since I've been busy and have hardly seen my babygirl. Today is our day. So where do you want to go?" My dad asked me sitting his phone on top of the counter.

"How about Joe's Crab Shack? I heard it's good."

"Okay. Joe's Crab Shack it is. When you get out of school we can go alright?" My dad told me.

"Ok sounds good. I really miss hanging out with you." I smiled truthfully pouring in a bit of milk before digging in my cereal.

"Same here baby girl ." My dad kissed my forehead once more and started checking emails on his laptop.

As I finished up my breakfast and was on the way out to head to school I felt my phone buzz.

From Michael

-I miss you.

I looked at the message and immediately put my phone back in my pocket and started up my car.

Once I finally got to school and found a parking spot just as someone was pulling out I swopped it up and headed in the building and spotted August who was now jogging over to me.

"So what are you doing later?" August asked me as soon as he was now in front of me.

"I'm going to have lunch with my dad.. why?" I asked curiously.

"I just wanted you to come over to listen to my song." August said scratching his head.

"I still can.. How about I call you later on to see if your busy or not so I can come over?" I asked him.

"Yeah that would be cool." August smiled nodding his head.

"You have a cute smile." I told him bluntly.

"You do too." August replied licking his lips making me stare at his lips in deep thought.

I wonder how his lips would feel on mine?

"Damn shawty are you daydreaming about a yungin?" August joked.

I didn't even realize I was.

"Oh shit my bad August. I'll see you later." I giggled immediately followed behind him to our first class.