Chapter 9: You Still Love Him Part 1

Rue milian

After finding out unconfirmed information and August tried to get me to forget about the situation I got pissed. It was like he was expecting me to just wait things out and let what happens.. happen. We fought all night and he ended up breaking up with me. I was left hurt and confused. If he really loved me like he said he did our relationship wouldn't end like it was trash.

Now that I had time to really thing today I'm now feeling been so much stress right now. My mind somehow took me to think about Michael and how I still love Michael. Then my mind shifts to August and how heartbroken I am over him at this very moment. Somehow my brain triggered me to want to clear the air with Michael. I brought my phone up to my ear after dialing his number and let it ring in my ear until he finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey... it's me I was wondering if you are still in town?"

"Yes, I am. Why?" Michael asked sounding confused as to why I was asking.

"Good.. And because I really need to talk to you."

"Alright then, meet me at the downtown hotel. I'm in room 293."

"Okay.. I'll be there." I said before ending the call.

I was now up and at it getting dressed after I washed up in the shower. I was nervous now and second guessing why I even called. Michael had shown me time after time he wasn't someone I could depend on. He had major anger issues.

Finally after stopping for a bite to eat at Burger King I pulled up at his hotel. I took my time getting out the car but when I was finally out I immediately locked my car up and looked around for his suite. I finally got my eyes on number 293 so I knocked on the door.

Michael opened the door after a few seconds and smiled at me. I returned the smile and stepped inside his room. He motioned for me to sit on the couch the was in the middle of the room and I obliged immediately.

"So what do you want to talk about baby girl?" Michael finally broke the silence that was around the room.

"I'm going to be real with you right now.. so please hear me out."

I was terrified because even I didn't know what was about to come out my mouth. My goal was just to say whatever came to my mind.

"I'm all ears Rue."

"I still love you Michael. I try my best to get you out of my mind but I still can't shake it. But the bad thing about it is that I'm confused because I'm in love with August too! I guess that's why I'm over here." I let out a shaky sigh and bit my lip trying comprehend myself what I just blurted out.

"So you are still in love with me? Is that what I am hearing?"

"Yes Michael... I think. I honestly just want to clear the air."

"Well lets clear the air. Are you sure? Because you seem like you are just saying this just to convince yourself." Michael said

"Yes I'm sure. But.. I have to see if the spark is there for myself to see if I can really move on from this. And officially be friends. Because I am so confused right now.

I couldn't stand my own indecisiveness. Hearing myself make me irritated so I could only imagine what Michael was thinking. He stared at me briefly before leaning towards me gently kissing my neck. The spark that used to be there wasn't here anymore. I just knew once he finally kissed my lips it would happen. It never did. I realized he was really getting into it and I was not. Before he could take off my shirt I pushed his hands away to stop him from going further.

"Something wrong babe?"

"It's not there anymore..."

"What you mean?" He looked at me frowning with confusion on his face.

"The spark... It isn't there anymore Mikey."

"I hate that you don't feel anything between this, but at least I've gotten my wish." He sighed and stared at me which made me shift slightly in nervousness.

"And what was that?"

"That I could kiss you for the last time.." He gave me a sad soft smile and I reached over to give him a big hug. That was his way of saying he truly understood now. And I was now happy knowing we could possibly just be best friends once again.

We sat in silence.. comfortable silence just enjoying one another's company now that we each got some closure.