Chapter 17 ↣

Knock knock knock knock knock knock knock-

"Jesus Christ I'm coming!" I yell out while sliding out of bed and half assing it to the door.

I open it and Oliver is standing there, looking a bit concerned.

"Uh...yeah?" I ask, blocking the door way.

"Um well, Roy, Diggle, Felicity, and Laurel-"

"Laurel?" I ask curiously, "You mean the one who charged me with a baton?"

He looks away slightly annoyed before regaining eye contact, "Yes. They are planning on charging your father-"

"Oliver don't call him that." I cringe at him referring him as to anything related to me.

"Alex they are going on a suicide mission!" He bursts, clearly frustrated.

"I told them what would happen. What do you expect me to do?" I ask, shaking my head slightly.

"Help me convince them otherwise. Or at least help them so they don't get themselves killed." He practically begs.

I swing the door open fully and walk back into my apartment, "Coffee?"

He shuts the door slightly confused but follows behind me, "...sure."

"Call them over here so that they can train, if they so please." I say putting another pot of coffee onto brew.

"Wait, are you serious?" He asks, perking up a bit.

"Mr. Queen, if you want me to help train you and your merry men, then so be it. But one thing I won't do, is put up with any personal bullshit. The first mention of my relations with Osiris or with any of you, I will kick them down the ten story fire escape." I pour two mugs of coffee and slide one across the counter to him.

He just stares at me momentarily before blinking and looking back down at his coffee, "Did you say 'merry men'?"

"You know, Robin Hood? Because you wear green, shoot a bow, basically steal from the rich to help the poor, Robin Hood and his merry men." I shrug before taking a sip of my coffee.

He laughs slightly and leans against my counter, "How did you end up getting yourself so entangled in all of this?"

"Oh, I could say a lot, but right now, that's none of your business." I say while jumping up onto the counter and sitting crisscross towards him.

"You're good at math, right?" He asks after a few moments of silence.

"Correct." I answer through a sip of coffee.

"What are our odds of winning?" I start to choke slightly because of me laughing.

"Zero to none." I say in between fits of laughter, causing him to look oh so not impressed.

"I'm serious." He says making me smile a bit more.

"And so am I." He lets out a frustrated sigh and looks away from me.

"So why are you 'The Arrow'? You've said that your mom is still here, and so is your sister. You're a millionaire and you opened a freaking club. Why risk your life and give up all of that?" I ask curiously, his head perks up and he looks back at me.

Then he forcefully laughs and shakes his head 'no', "Let's just say my dad died and my life got crapped on after that."

Let's trade- fuck- bad no. Don't say that.