Chapter 14 ↣

An object with the mass of 4.0 kilograms is accelerating 3.0 meters per second squared. What is the net force on this object?
Force equals mass times acceleration.
Multiply a kilogram times a meter per second squared, equaling a kilogram-meter per second squared.
Force equals 4.0 kilograms times 3.0 meters per second.
Force equals twelve newtons- easy enough.

An object with the mass of 90.0 kilograms is accelerating 25.0 meters per second squared. What is the net force on this object?
Force equals mass times acceleration.
Multiply a kilogram times a meter per second squared, equaling a kilogram-meter per second squared.
Force equals 90.0 kilograms times 25.0 meters per second.
Force equals 2,250 newtons- well shit.

I finish washing my hair and I turn the shower off.

I would have to exert 2,250 newtons of force to pull Oliver off of that building. That equals about the same amount as a grand piano, 500 lbs.

My body being about 1/5 of that, I couldn't pull him anywhere if I tried.

Curse physics, and Isaac Newton, and gravity, and everything that makes my being anything less than feasible.

I dry myself off quickly and put my hair up in the towel.

But I could have easily dropped him, or killed him with that knife...

I put on a bra and throw on some sweat pants before leaving my bathroom and entering into my bedroom.

I wonder if they told Barry and them back in Central City what happened... Not that they made a huge impression on me, but just thinking of the fact of a man that can run 767.269 mph makes me wish I did track.

I mean, I run faster than the average human, but defiantly not as fast as Oliver or Barry(duh).

I stare at the city skyline out of my newest apartment. The sky is a bit cloudy but otherwise it should be nice today.

My phone dings signaling me that I have a new email, probably a new target, since I went digital. 

I pick it up from my bed and look at the name and sigh.

From: Oliver Queen @.QueenConsolidated   Subject: Osiris Richards

Alex,

It has been brought to my attention- from my own mother- that Osiris Richards has applied for a job here at Queen Consolidated.

If you don't respond to this immediately, I will go after you myself.

Putting me at risk is one thing, putting my family on the line is another.

-Oliver

My eyes widen at the clear misinterpretation. Fuck. He thinks I told him who he was.

"Ah shit." I breath running around my room and putting on actual clothes.

I throw my things into a bag and run out my door.

~~~~

I run into the back entrance of the blanket fort and immediately exclaim, "I didn't say anything! He was going after that job before I even met you!"

Oliver stands up and takes dangerously aggressive steps towards me, "Bullshit!"

"Okay I literally have no proof but here I'll fucking call him." I pull out my phone and start to dial his number.

The other three just stare at Oliver and I like they just saw a ghost.

"You have his number?!" He shouts again making me let out a aggravated sigh.

I hit call and after a few dial tones he picks up, "Hello-"

"Tell me again why you wanted the job at the whatever giant corporation?" I ask cutting him off.

"Don't you remember anything? God you're useless, why do I even keep you around...oh right, your efficient...a few flaws but whatever it's not like that matters. Anyway, as I've said dozens of times, I'm going to get the work there so I can expand my business. As I've said a million times, expansion means pension." I mouth his words as he says it while rolling my eyes, but a pang of hurt hits me when I see the looks they all give me as he verbally abuses me.

"Right. Bye." I go to hang up but he cuts me off.

"And if you try and interfere, remember what's on the table." He threatens in a low voice.

"Yeah whatever, good luck doing whatever the fuck you do." I hang up and cross my arms looking at Oliver.

"How do I know that wasn't set up?" He presses.

"I don't know! Frankly I don't care! I came here to show you that I didn't fucking put your family 'on the line'." I say quoting his email to me.

"Is that all you came here for?" Roy speaks up.

"What? What do you want me to say? I'm sorry. I won't do it again." I ask scoffing slightly.

"I want you to say something true." Felicity says, through some tears.

I study her for a second, "I can say a trillion things that are facts, but what you want me to say is a lie. Felicity, I mean what I say."

"Just leave." Roy says shaking his head.

I turn and start to walk out without skipping a beat.

"Do you even care?" Oliver calls after me.

I pause and turn my head, "I'm sorry you felt threatened, that you felt that I did something unspeakable. But as far as I'm concerned, none of that effects me directly."

"One thing is true, you are truly broken." Diggle says.

"And no one try's to fix me." I mumble before walking out and not looking back.

One sad look when he bashes me over the phone, no questions, no nothing. I should be the one asking if they even care? But they'll just lie, and say they do. They don't.

No one does.

I'm doomed to live the rest of my life killing then being abused.

Verbally and Physically.

He's threatening Felicity's life, if I step out of my place. Then Oliver, then Roy, then Diggle. Probably will find Caitlin and Cisco, doubt he could get to Barry.

Will most-likely kill my landlord as well, just because.

I'm a walking grenade, except that no one is going to jump on top of me and take the explosion.

I pull the four kunai out of my bag and I throw them into the door.

Then enemy of my enemy is my friend.