Chapter 8 ↣

Self defensive dummy? Why don't you just spar? Minus the bamboo rods... Those things hurt...a lot.

"Why are you so against it?" Oliver questions.

I tilt my head slightly still staring at the piece of wood and cloth, "Because I do not understand how this will make your reflexes faster."

"Heads up!" Roy shouts from across the room. A small cylindrical object flys towards me in my peripheral vision. I reach out my hand and catch it with ease.

"You threw a glass beaker at me?" I question before I'm being hit in the back of the head and something shatters onto my bare feet.

"You threw TWO glass beakers at ME?!" I scream pulling the shards out of my heel.

"And that's why we use the dummy." Oliver says calmly patting my shoulder.

I pull my knives out of my pockets, "Heads up bitches!" They look back at me and their eyes widen before hitting the deck. I throw them straight at their foreheads laughing as they shout curses at me.

Roy stands up laughing, "See we are too fast for yo-"

"ROY DUCK!" Oliver pulls him down just as my knives turn around and fly back to me.

"My self defense is fine, your cheap shots are as well, can we call it a day?" I ask catching the two blades and tucking them away.

"At least show me what the scarves are for." Roy says pulling out the silk scarves from my bag.

I run over, may or may not have jumped over a table, and grab them from his hands.

"I-I..." I look over at their worried faces then I look back at the reflective red fabric in my hands. "Fine."

I tie them around my waist, "A Kitsune in ancient Japan is a fox that grows a tail every 100 years. When they grow nine tails they are said to be the most deadly, but when they grow ten they can shape-shift."

"So what's the point of them?" Roy asks a bit bored by me telling him the history of my pseudonym.

I gesture for him to step forward, "I will show you."

"You threw a knife at me! Why should I let you demonstrate anything using me?" He asks obviously distressed.

"Because this is training, you asked me to show you, and it is your own fault. Now step forward." I smile gratefully as he follows Mr. Queen's hand and steps forward.

I bow and he confusingly follows my lead.

"Just follow my steps, this is how I learned to spar in Japan." I straighten my back out and he does as well.

I spread my legs slightly apart and put my fists out in front of me, "I'm going to warn you now, not doing exactly what I do, you will get hurt."

"Are you threatening me?" He scoffs, he's afraid, but is hiding it behind fake humor.

"No. You will end up hurting yourself. Follow my feet." I say not amused by his behavior.

We move around each other a few time, carefully, and I can see his anger rising.

"What is the point of this?!" He yells.