Chapter 57 - UNSTEADY (Samson Conrad POV) Pt. 1

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 57 – UNSTEADY (Samson Conrad POV) Pt. 1

'I love you too.'

'That's... uhm... I don't feel the same way.'

'Thank you?'

Three responses to my declaration I felt I would not get from Fatima. Panic and jumping up to her feet before heading into a full out run getting as far from me as possible?

Now that was an excellent guess.

Still, I said the words. No not words. Feelings.

Nothing so much as uttered for seconds, I reach for the box from Fatima. "Here, let me put it on you," I continue as though I had not just said what I had.

Her breathing goes unsteady as I unlock the clasp, reaching behind her neck and locking it in place. "Please breath," the words come out with a sigh. She had seemingly begun holding her breath after I spoke.

Releasing a shuddering sigh, eyes so widen and unsure, I calm just waiting. Speaking my feelings helped the chaos in my mind slow. Fatima may feel the same but maybe could not put the feelings into words.

"How?" Fatima whispers, nearly just mouthing the words. My lips curl to a small smile. "How do you know?" the smile on my face doesn't last long.

What was Dmitri thinking? I ask myself when all I see is helplessness in Fatima's innocent pained gaze.

"How do I know I love you?" I whisper.

When she nods, I memorize every inch of her face down to the few beauty marks.

"There is nothing I wouldn't do for you Fatima. You are brave, honest, and so caring that I cannot wrap my brain around how good you are. I get so angry when I think of you ever being alone like how you lived before," I swallow thickly, knot in my throat. "But it's a constant battle you know? Because what if Dmitri had returned you to Cynthia? Or what if you were around people that harmed you?"

Panic strikes me and the scenarios all with horrid endings bombard me.

Once I've started the words continue to tumble out, "You're so smart and have this way at looking at things that is so refreshing. You're finding out who you are now," I inhale, "But there is a part of you already that I find rare and I know you'd like to change that, but I think it's what makes you special."

"And you're open, open to adventure and helping others and to match all of what makes you who you are on the inside, I think you're so beautiful," my face heats, but it wouldn't stop the flow of words tumbling out of me in that moment. "I am starved for you sometimes Fatima" I say with a shrug.