Chapter 52 - Like Glass (Fatima Ashlynn POV) Pt.1

Chapter Song: Somersault - Zero 7 (This song fits this chapter amazingly).

Chapter 52 – Like Glass (Fatima Ashlynn POV) Pt.1

"Okay, snap out of it!" Imogen giggled, snapping her finger in front of my face as she held out one of the quilts we had brought along with us from the first stop. Already changed in a white shirt and gray shorts, her matching, I reached out taking it from her, dropping it on top of my thighs.

Smiling, the widest I think I ever had, I duck my head down, filled with energy though just an hour ago I was exhausted. Still was, but this energy was different. It was an excitement that was bubbling up inside me, that made it impossible not to bounce in my seat.

We had already uncovered the gray sofas in the movie room where we'd sleep tonight. So far, I think the fact that we didn't know what to expect made sleeping privately in separate rooms a bit daunting.

The lights down low, I cast a gaze around the concrete gray walls, but without permission I tend to focus on the large sectional. Sitting at the end, the wall projection screen a shade of blue as we waited for the guys to return so we could start the movie, I couldn't help but see just how large massive everything was.

The table in the dining room sat nearly sixteen people. This sofa took up one whole side of the wall, and pretty much three fourths of the since where I was sitting.

Why on earth would Dmitri have gotten these things? Built these places?

No. That's not it. Building them is not the true problem I suspect. My nagging uncertainty was why so big when there were only us two? I found no personal items of his outside of the building plans that we had sent to Ansel and Kalenah. There were no pictures that had any personal touch that we could find. This place had so many rooms, two levels in the basement, with more bedrooms. Every room here had a purpose, yet not enough people to take advantage of its bounty.

Sighing loudly, I run my hands over the silkiness of the sofa, it was truly soft.

"Okay what's with the sighing? Are you stressing over your kiss?" she whispers the last word but it is enough for me to whip my head in Imogen's direction.

"You saw?" Or was she just guessing?

She shrugs, "Yeah, sorry, Luca and I were just coming back into the kitchen, but we backed right out of the room," I tilt my head to the right, replaying the moment for maybe the eightieth time in the past hour.

"Didn't notice you guys coming in," I finally say opening my eyes again. Giggling, her white teeth on display, blonde hair up in a messy bun, Imogen fell onto the sofa a foot away from me; pulling her legs up. "Yeah I suspect you didn't notice anything but Samson," and again, the tips of my mouth are pulled upward in an undeniable smile.